A3 2.0T FSI ea113 K03 to OEM S3 K04 turbo Help!

A3SBQ

A3 SportBack 2TFSI quattro DSG
Reaction score
Hi guys.
I have returned back to this format after some time away.
I am helping a friend upgrading his 2007 A3 SportBack quattro 6MT.
His turbo is blown and needs a new turbo.

Now to the case.
We have sourced a OEM K04 from an Golf 6R which is the same as S3 8p. We also got the OEM DownPipe with cat.

The plan is to use the APR K04 sw.
I understand that the DV needs a relocation and that the injectors needs to be swapped from the S3 as well.
Do I also need the HPFP from S3 or an uprated one?
Has anyone here used the OEM K04 turbo and installed it? What is needed to use this turbo.

Thanks for helping.

HPFP is not required from memory but if you fit an upgraded one (Loba etc) will make a lot of difference mid-range!

Turbo discharge and throttle pipe are also needed P.S the K03 and K04 are the same fitting with regards the downpipe
You'll need the dv relocation loom and relevant pipe work for the dv relocation

Think that's it but there should be a thread on this swap already

Thanks for the reply..
I tried to search for K04 conversion but nothing came up here. Only on other firums.

What scares me a bit is the long list of oem parts needed...

So to summarize.
K03 vs K04 DP is the same or at least mates on to the same turbo.
HPFP is only needed by stage 1+ (S3 compared)
Injectors are needed on non S3/R cars. (only on ea113 engine platform)

Correct me if am wrong...
Maybe better/easier to buy an already converted turbo for this project? Any used out there?....

Bit of a revival sorry, stumbled on this thread trying to find a do relocation kit. Depending on how far you are going, standard injectors limit on the 1.8 tfsi and 2.0tfsi is 300hp. So unless you are looking to go over the mark straight away there shouldn't be any rush. The standard map on the car is strong enough to run the turbo and get noticable gains but obviously optimal would be to get a map. The absolute nessisery parts is the Dv relocation kit. You can run the existing wire just have to chase it back undoing the clips.

Thanks for the reply.
The project was scrapped for other projects.
But thanks