Speakers popping/fizzing and cutting out (Beer reward for fix/solution)

JayHa11

Reaction score
Hi all

I am at my witts end with my S3's stereo system. When I purchased the car the previous owner had installed an RNSE with sat-nav and it all worked perfectly fine. A few months down the road the speakers would pop/cut out every now and then. sound would fade back in after a few seconds when this happened. The stereo would not stop to function during this time.

Fast forward 8 months and the problem is constant now. The fizzing/popping was coming from the dash speaker so I removed this and the problem went away for a day. I jumped in the car this morning and the fizzing/popping has come back (now emitting from the NS front tweeter instead) and the sound is cutting out again.

I dont know what to try.where to look next and I am worried it could turn into a wild goose chase. Has anybody experienced anything like this before?

I am offering some beers in way of any help that finally solves the only niggling issue I have with my S3

Thanks
Jamie

Turned out to be one of the tweeters causing the issue! It had come loose from the housing and the contacts were touching the bodywork