Help - A/C unbearable smell, where is the evaporator drain pipe?

reator22

Reaction score
Hi, my A/C was running absolutely fine with no smell at all. After these last fee hot days with A/C on, a unbearable smell like pee comes came through. It was fine before and it happens form one that to another.

After a long search on internet I found that it could be 2 reasons:

- Cabin Filter - unlikely once it happens so quickly, nevertheless I will change asap;

- Evaporator drain pipe clogged. People with this problem states that it happened in the same way as me. The problem is that I can't figure out the evaporator drain pipe's location!

Question: Where is the location for the Evaporator Drain pipe aka A/C water drain on A4 B8? Can't find this information!

Thank you in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't help with locating the pipe, but once you have fixed it, a good finish to the job would be to set off a Comma air con canister inside the car to debug everything.

I can't help with locating the pipe, but once you have fixed it, a good finish to the job would be to set off a Comma air con canister inside the car to debug everything.

That's a good idea, however, only worthy after sorting this out which I still can't figure out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found this on ElsaWin

Karl.

Attachments

• B8 condensationdrain.pdf
    168.5 KB · Views: 1,957
Reactions: gary_a4_quattro and V6_Man