Demo Avant

craigomills

Reaction score
I have had a 3 day demo in a Daytona grey Sline Quattro 190 this week ahead of ordering a new one as my next company vehicle.

To say I have been impressed is an understatement!! Cannot believe how nice the thing is drive and the interior quality is awesome. Never driven quattro before but during some spirited country road driving I was amazing by the levels of grip and composure. Plenty of room for a family of 4 and really comfortable. I do 30000 miles a year and comfort is a huge requirement. Overall very very impressed.

I am definitely placing my order today for a Daytona grey (was originally going to go for silver) but the grey is really nice with it being pearl effect. Going to have privacy glass, towbar and the extended LED lights inside. Been told it will be probably a 4 month wait which is going to be a nightmare! Wish I could stretch to the virtual cockpit, which is amazing but slightly too expensive to justify as an option for the tax man!
94b63da95c8a0f091c611f96550950a8.jpg
4282767cdc74a6d2680c75f38bc62a91.jpg
0c7f427706ecbc64798f50ffb8dc5654.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: syed123, THQuattro and cuke2u
I have taken delivery of similar car, but 2wd/manual this week and very happy. I would suggest you add the larger fuel tank (free) and hill hold to your order (75quid)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I have taken delivery of similar car, but 2wd/manual this week and very happy. I would suggest you add the larger fuel tank (free) and hill hold to your order (75quid)

Thought about the hill hold but can't see what benefit it gives with an auto. Tried to get it to roll back on a hill but it wouldn't.

I think that the hill hold actually works best in traffic to be honest, rather than on actual hills. It stops the car from rolling forward at all without having to rest your foot on the brake or apply the handbrake each time. It's something small but if you drive a car with for a while, then get in one without, I bet you'd wish you'd put it down as an option. :)

Definitely go with hill hold assist, mine has it and it is one of those things that you end up taking for granted. Especially if you drive something else without it. It's like a 'soft' handbrake automatically being applied.
It is so cheap as an option I really don't know why Audi don't include it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Daggerit
I totally miss HHA as last car had it, as stated cannot believe Audi don't include it as standard given that the car already has three second hold.

There are just as many who wouldn't want it fitted as standard...

If it was standard you could just not use it. If you don't have it then you don't have the choice though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But audi would then be charging extra for something they wouldn't be using...

But audi would then be charging extra for something they wouldn't be using...

Agreed, but I'm sure there's plenty stuff on these cars that a lot of folk don't use already so wouldn't be anything new in that regard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agreed there, don't use cruise control but now its something I regularly have to pay for

Just going back to the original post, it was great that you had the opportunity of a 3 day demo to really try the car. Try going to most dealers and asking for an extended test drive relating to a company car purchase and they soon lose interest!

Just going back to the original post, it was great that you had the opportunity of a 3 day demo to really try the car. Try going to most dealers and asking for an extended test drive relating to a company car purchase and they soon lose interest!

Agree. It was great. It was organised by the leasing company and the whole experience was awesome. Since my last post my order has gone in, but I changed it from Daytona to Ibis white with the privacy glass. Got a build week of 26th June and hopefully delivery approx 4 weeks after. Going to get a tow bar fitted by the dealer as the £850 would have taken me over my allowance. Overall really pleased with my colour choice and now got to stop thinking about it as it's doing my head in waiting

There are some who would regard swapping from Daytona to Ibis as heresy. Just saying.

There are some who would regard swapping from Daytona to Ibis as heresy. Just saying.
Ha. To be fair there is a reason behind it... Had a quote for Daytona originally but asked for a comparative quote in Ibis. Was then told by Audi that I needed to place an order by the Friday in order to hold the current price. (Apparently prices went up on Jun 1st) Audi put the order on the system to hold the price which I thought was great, until I had a demo in Daytona and then subsequently decided that it was the colour I wanted. Audi said that the order that went on the system was for the White as per the latest quote. In order to change it they would need to amend it but this would bring in the new prices. This would mean the A4 wouldn't be within my allowance. So. White it is. Initially I was fuming but having seen an Ibis in the flesh I am happy with it now.

Last edited: