Audi Rings Emblem on engine cover

Tempz

Reaction score
Hi all,
Opened my bonnet today and the Audi rings on the engine cover have disappeared. No idea how it happened. Anyway, are they replaceable? Also if the emblem has fallen into the engine bay somewhere, does it pose a risk?

Many thanks.

Firstly, and I apologise if this seems a stupid question.. but are you certain they were definitely there at some point during your ownership?
Secondly, have you had the car at the garage recently or in someone else's possession who may have knocked it off/removed it?
Thirdly, take off your engine cover and have a good look down the engine with a torch everywhere and anywhere it may have been able to slide down, also on the ground wherever you've parked it.

hopefully if its still in the engine bay it might have landed on the bottom tray out of harms way, butit could easily have found a way out completely and be gone forever.. in which case.... ebay!

Firstly, and I apologise if this seems a stupid question.. but are you certain they were definitely there at some point during your ownership?
Secondly, have you had the car at the garage recently or in someone else's possession who may have knocked it off/removed it?
Thirdly, take off your engine cover and have a good look down the engine with a torch everywhere and anywhere it may have been able to slide down, also on the ground wherever you've parked it.

hopefully if its still in the engine bay it might have landed on the bottom tray out of harms way, butit could easily have found a way out completely and be gone forever.. in which case.... ebay!
Yeah I'm certain it was on there before! No idea how it came off though. Not even concerned about replacing it to be honest just hope it hasn't landed in the bay somewhere where it can cause issues.

I bought a 2nd hand A3 8P a couple of years back. It was missing the audi rings was missing as well. Never found them and at the end I purchased a new cover from Audi. Was not really that expensive.

Hi all,
Opened my bonnet today and the Audi rings on the engine cover have disappeared. No idea how it happened. Anyway, are they replaceable? Also if the emblem has fallen into the engine bay somewhere, does it pose a risk?

Many thanks.

I didn't like my cover so I changed it. I know not many like the 3.2 but it's a bullet proof engine and for 5 K an HPA DTM gives it plenty of power

IMG_3349_zpsxurnns13.jpg

surely most engine covers will have similar sized badge? there's a load on ebay at 12 quid, just buy the cover, take the badge, sell the cover without