A3 automatic 1.6 - Idle and stalling

Nu amin

Reaction score
I have an Audi A3 1.6 automatic (06). When I am stationary it started to rev it self couple times. the other day it revved and automatically stalled.

anyone else know what the cause maybe?

Did you try connecting VCDS to see if there are any fault codes stored?
What is your engine code?

I had an engine managment sign come on. Got it checked and it was the oxygen sensor. What does this do? How serious is it?
is that the same issue was the heat coming through the footwell... like i said... better get it checked out at a garage

I had an engine managment sign come on. Got it checked and it was the oxygen sensor. What does this do? How serious is it?

Oxygen sensor (Lambda sensor) is installed in the exhaust and measures how much oxygen there is in the exhaust gases. Based on this the ECU can adjust the fuel/air ratio so that all fuel is brunt and used effectively. I would recommend going to a garage with VAG diagnostic system such as VCDS or VAS as this will show which sensor is causing issues and exactly what is wrong with it.

Assuming you have 1.6 petrol there are 2 oxygen sensors - one before catalytic converter and another one after.

Oxygen sensor (Lambda sensor) is installed in the exhaust and measures how much oxygen there is in the exhaust gases. Based on this the ECU can adjust the fuel/air ratio so that all fuel is brunt and used effectively. I would recommend going to a garage with VAG diagnostic system such as VCDS or VAS as this will show which sensor is causing issues and exactly what is wrong with it.

Assuming you have 1.6 petrol there are 2 oxygen sensors - one before catalytic converter and another one after.
Thank you
The car idls and then at times the engine cuts off when standstill. Can this be because of the sensor?