Usb

Rob1967

Reaction score
Is it possible to hardwire a usb cable into CD changer to play usb memory stick my car has mmi basic+ .I have single CD and 6 CD changer in glove box.
Thanks

Yes . Dension 500 replaces cd changer . Look it up

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I went with an AMI unit off eBay. For similar cost to Dension but without the extra fitting hassle/ avg reviews

As you only have MMI Basic the Audi AMI module is not compatible, your best option is Dension Gateway 500.

Reactions: Redbaron1973
I am getting dension gateway 500 bt but unclear on what CD to remove.i have single and 6 CD in glove box .single has more plugs but 6 CD has only 2plugs
Thanks

Did you buy the link kit that allows you to keep the 6 disc changer? The Dension either goes in place of the 6 disc or inline with it depending which kit you've bought

You have to remove the 6-CD Changer, the single CD on an MMI Basic system is the main control module.

Did you buy the link kit that allows you to keep the 6 disc changer? The Dension either goes in place of the 6 disc or inline with it depending which kit you've bought
Not bought any yet just want to find out what is involved first but there is only £20 difference in price.