S3 exhaust on a 2.0 TDI S Line

Martin_MCD

Reaction score
Will a S3 exhaust back box fit a 2.0 TDI car? Is it a simple swap?

Will a S3 exhaust back box fit a 2.0 TDI car? Is it a simple swap?

Someone else asked this a few weeks ago I think. Honestly, I very much doubt it's a simple swap. Happy to be proven wrong, but my suggestion is go down the after market route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Mark, I guess I should be looking at the usual suspects Milltek etc. Looking for a dual exhaust system much like the S3 hence wondering if it a simple swap. I fear its not but I thought someone on here would know the answer

Reactions: Mark_86
its not a straight swap, iv did it though, Option 1 = chop out the underside of the spare wheel well thats the only thing that stops it from going on,its to low,then patch up the wheel well and a quick spray from a rattle can. option 2 = cut the back box around the edge.shave the interals down,to take around 2 inches off it,not disturbing any of the existing brackets,then weld the lid back on,hey presto, both methods tried and tested and work :)

Attachments

• S3 exhaust.jpg
    S3 exhaust.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 143
Would a dual exhaust (one each side like US) be easier? Would still differentiate the car.
no that's not ideal I was under car in carriage to check and there is chamber on left side for second pipe but engine isn't build for it .. That's only A5 and up has

A3's has smaller back box
And I have straight pipe
So just need to cut back box and get already cut quad pipe and attach it and weld it on

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200716_135849.jpg
    Screenshot_20200716_135849.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 131
  • Screenshot_20200716_135907.jpg
    Screenshot_20200716_135907.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 144