Removing the glovebox trim on an Audi A3 8p

audibhoy11

Reaction score
1st - apologies if this is in the wrong section and if admin need to move it work away

has anyone ever removed the below trim from their glove box, i'm vinyl wrapping some of the trim and need to remove it to do it properly, managing to get most of it off but not sure how to remove these, i presume its like the rest and it will come off with a little loving persuasion, but want to be sure, also the latch side, is there a special way to detach without damaging the locking mechanism ?

IMG 1220 IMG 1221

Attachments

• IMG_1221.JPG
    IMG_1221.JPG
    758 KB · Views: 155
Not sure about the latch side because I would love to know how to remove that.

The other side (left) should just slide off. It has little tabs on the back that slot on to the glove box. Mine was fairly loose but the replacement was a pain to remove. Hope that helps

you might want to have a look at this site it might help you ( audi.7zap.com/en/rdw/audi+a3+s3+sportb+lim+qu/a3/2009-646/8/ )

The trim piece is easily removed by using a large flat screwdriver with a rag over the top to prevent scratches... Just put it into the gap and twist to move the trim bit toward the centre of the lid. The handle side is part of the lid and I haven't found a way to remove that without causing damage to the lid itself... Seeing as it comes under the same part number as the lid, it's probably all a single part.