Facelift B&O Distortion

The Kendragon

Reaction score
Hi all!

On my A3 I seem to have an issue with the centre speaker in the front left door. When I'm playing music with bass, the sound is clear from all speakers apart from that one. There is a crackly/distorted sound coming from it and it can be heard over all the other speakers.

Has anyone had this as it's very annoying on a new car?

Many thanks,

Steven :)

Finding this lately on mine aswell, the passenger front door also. Put it down to maybe lower music quality but if others are experiencing it I may get it looked at!

Maybe not packed very well and a it's buzzing the innards of the door such as a wire sitting on top causing it to vibrate.

Years ago I remember lining the innards of my old Fiat Grande Punto to stop the buzzing

Finding this lately on mine aswell, the passenger front door also. Put it down to maybe lower music quality but if others are experiencing it I may get it looked at!
I think I'm going to get mine booked in if it countinues :grimacing: Very annoying and seems to be happening only with certain frequencies!

Maybe not packed very well and a it's buzzing the innards of the door such as a wire sitting on top causing it to vibrate.

Years ago I remember lining the innards of my old Fiat Grande Punto to stop the buzzing
I may give this a go, see if the casing is loose or something :sweatsmile:

I think I'm going to get mine booked in if it countinues :grimacing: Very annoying and seems to be happening only with certain frequencies!

I may give this a go, see if the casing is loose or something :sweatsmile:

Sadly they don't consider this when mass producing cars!!! To be honest my daily driver Mondeo MK5 has s 500w 12 speaker sub system standard and it only buzzes on certain sounds like female voices or violin type string instruments. Can crank it really loud with bass stuff and it doesn't distort, to do with frequencies

Sadly they don't consider this when mass producing cars!!! To be honest my daily driver Mondeo MK5 has s 500w 12 speaker sub system standard and it only buzzes on certain sounds like female voices or violin type string instruments. Can crank it really loud with bass stuff and it doesn't distort, to do with frequencies
I've found it seems to be certain frequencies/sounds too so it must just be normal. Annoying though for a £700 system :(