changing lamps

mikerd4

Reaction score
Bought some led side lights for my s3 so they match teh xenons better but I cant seem to get the lamps out?! Is there a how to on doing it, very embarassin I know

pull on the wires before you say will they break ? no they wont. Its the only way to get em out unless you take the lens off.

I was going to do that but bottled it cos I thoughht they would just break off!

Nah mattyboy's right... you do need commending on your conscience telling you not to just tug on the wires; but it is the simplest way to get them out - if you have extreme dexterity in your fingers and unusually grippy skin you can get them out without using the wires, but it's ****** hard work. The wires seem pretty robust and so long as you don't go daft seem to take the strain OK.

Regards,

Rob.

the wires wont come away form the unit unless your stupid with it, should no problems once there out your ll think ah i see how tough they are

I had the same problem debating how hard to actually pull as drivers side came out easy but passenger side side wouldnt budge ended up loosening battery and using long nose pliers just to grip the main bulb holder unit and pull which worked a treat,

Oh Yeah i also used a small mirror to make sure i didnt catch any wires while pulling because that would be messy

Arvo, I got some PIAA Extreme Force bulbs H7 H1 and Wedge ones for the S3, but can't see how you can get them in without removing the washer fluid bottle and battery. I though that you have to take out the entire lamp unit and need a long armed torx bit driver to get the bolt out and then remove the lamp unit?

My missus has a Leon and changing it was simple as ****, but this is just impossible or am i being realy really stupid.