Mud flaps s3

Tomo01

Reaction score
Has anyone fitted mud flaps to there fl s3

Yes I did on the front, very discrete.

I did through winter because I was sick of hearing all the grit and road salt kicking up the side of the car.

The rears weren't available because the bumper is different and they didn't have a FL option at that time.

Mine are off now, for winter use only and the car stays much cleaner.

Reactions: Mark_86
Didn't think Audi did them wasn't sure if anybody put aftermarket ones on

I got fed up with all the crap being thrown up the side of the car after I had fitted the winter tyres so I fitted fronts only.

Post HERE with some pictures.

My intention was to remove them when taking the winters off but I just left them on.

Reactions: AudiNutta and slipped_disc
Mudflaps - a Marmite topic if ever there was one.

Ordinarily, if they're discreet, then I'd definitely want some. The "purists" advising against it could go boil their heads in favour of the reduction in stone chips and sprayed muck, and I'd remind those purists that half of them opted for practicality over style in the form of two extra doors, and a great proportion of them also paid to have half a roof rack permanently bonded to the the top of the car too... :whistle2:

However, these official audi guards? I'd be eating those hastily chosen words and trying to claw back any shred of credibility with all the effectiveness of Oscar Munoz offering free in-flight peanuts. They look like they were styled for a mobility scooter. For gods sake, my barbecue has better looking mudguards than these things. These must surely be at the very pinnacle of hideous design, and should be immediately consigned to the nearest skip. Even Toyota, who, let's face it, have a styling department that seems to take all its inspiration from deep sea molluscs and tightly coiled dog-eggs, managed to supply a set for my old MR2 that looked like they were part of the same car, and not the result of a secondary school misfits woodwork class that's generated some hastily jigsawed lumps of black painted plywood nailed to the wheel arches...

Awful. Just awful...

Reactions: Tom.H and Daveotto