A\C Compressor

Matt268uk

A3 Sportback
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hey guys

I'm going to replace my a\c compressor as it's stopped working. I have no fault codes and pressure is good so i'm thinking it can only be the compressor gone bad. My question is can this be done from underneath or is it a bumper off job ? Also i've read that it's important to to change the receiver\drier. Is this true ?

Any useful tips are always welcomed.

Thank.

witch exactly model you got? On mine bkd is easy to get from bottom, just take out undertray, may be alternator will need to get out for easy bolt access.

Looking at my boot sticker I have BFX from after taking a look with the under tray removed it looks like a bumper off job

it seem to be like mine instead, 2 bolts from bottom front (easy access from bottom) need to get rid of aux belt and probably tensioner sharing 1 bolt with it from photo on this diagram I see only 3 bolts on right side and 2 from top for hoses (you will probably need new washers) and dispose gases by mechanic or any point doing it. then wiggle it and slide it to right (transmission) and pull it downwards.