Facelift Sat Nav - Getting 'stuck' and not re-calculating route if recommended route deviated from

NATOuk

Reaction score
I've got the facelift S3 with the snazzy integrated sat nav with Google Earth integration.

However, I'm encountering a frequent problem where the sat nav will get 'stuck' if I deviate from the route it has recommended.

For example: I'll be driving to work and it wants me to turn off but I prefer to go a different way. What should happen obviously is that it should re-calculate the route and continue. What actually happens is that it gets stuck - the arrow continues to track my position correctly but the route isn't re-calculated and the 'miles to go' and destination time get stuck too. If I push the MMI control up and select 'Delete destination' or select a new/alternative destination instead it can basically take 10-15 minutes before the old destination disappears and it starts over again.

It's really bugging me now because there's times when I've been effectively without Sat Nav because it's got stuck and I haven't got 15 minutes to sit and wait for it to become unstuck.

Has anyone else noticed this? This is the first car I've owned to have really buggy software (the other issue is the sound settings randomly resetting to factory defaults - a known issue with Audi apparently).

I haven't noticed this. Like other sat nav systems I have used, it will try to take me back to the route it wanted if I ignore a turning but soon enough it seems to "realise" the route I have decided on and will change the route. I have noticed that in certain areas the suggested route is totally wrong but this happened with with my previous iPhone app in my old car so I can only assume it is buggy map data.

Mine has taken more time than expected to reroute but certainly hasnt stuck

Is google maps used to calculate the route ? Just out of interest -

Is google maps used to calculate the route ? Just out of interest -

I think it might be, the re-routing is WAY quicker at the moment now my Audi Connect licence expired and it's not showing the Google logo on the bottom right (In fact this issue hasn't happened at all since the Audi Connect licence expired).

When Google was working I tried turning off the online traffic option but the issue persisted.

The dealer has arranged to extend the Audi Connect licence so I expect once that happens this issue will reoccur.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it might be, the re-routing is WAY quicker at the moment now my Audi Connect licence expired and it's not showing the Google logo on the bottom right (In fact this issue hasn't happened at all since the Audi Connect licence expired).

When Google was working I tried turning off the online traffic option but the issue persisted.

The dealer has arranged to extend the Audi Connect licence so I expect once that happens this issue will reoccur.

That's interesting- I suspect the mobile access is not ideal while moving - many embedded systems guys don't realise mobile coverage is no where near 100% - large amounts of data transfer run the risk of having big holes; relying on google always being available isn't the best plan..

Actually I take that back - it got stuck again tonight with no Audi Connect/Google.

When I turned off from the path it recommended the distance to destination stopped counting down and it didn't recalculate a route even though the map continued to track my position correctly