Rear brake upgrade

bouncer117

Reaction score
Ive done alot of looking around and reading on here and other forums for rear brake upgrades and have completely confused myself with the many different options there are.

What are the easiest/best caliper, carrier, disk combinations i can do?
Its a 2.8q

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Facelift S4 calipers, carriers and disks gives you 256mm vents.

Facelift S4 calipers and carriers, Trigs brackets (or similar), B6/7 S4 disks and special hoses, gives you 300mm vents.

Or you can use the complete setup from a B6/7 S4 with some tinkering.

Facelift S4 calipers are pretty rare and as a result fairly expensive. S4 stuff is also rare and pretty expensive.

Another potential optoin would be to use the 280mm unvented rears from a B7, or perhaps even the 300mm unvented rears from a B8. I think, though havent confirmed, that you could use these with the standard calipers.

I read somewhere about s8 d2 being straight swap and a good option with vented disks. Is this true?

nope not a streight, swap the handbrake mechanism is completely different position, as is the brake hose.

You can use the facelift S4 caliper with the S8 carrier (facelift s8 only) and use a 280mm disk from the front of the A4. But finding S8 carriers cheaply isnt going to happen, so you might as well just avoid that option.

Brad

Is selling a upgrade for £200 check the classified section

That would be perfect. Having a problem at the minute though, waiting to see if my insurance company are going to write off my car because of the idiot agency guy at work reversing into my bumper

Thats what I thought so im goin to see what happens next. The damage is just a scrape along half of the bumper and its been pushed back slightly and flared out at the side, so nothing too major

Facelift S4 calipers, carriers and disks gives you 256mm vents.

Facelift S4 calipers and carriers, Trigs brackets (or similar), B6/7 S4 disks and special hoses, gives you 300mm vents.

Or you can use the complete setup from a B6/7 S4 with some tinkering.

Facelift S4 calipers are pretty rare and as a result fairly expensive. S4 stuff is also rare and pretty expensive.

Another potential optoin would be to use the 280mm unvented rears from a B7, or perhaps even the 300mm unvented rears from a B8. I think, though havent confirmed, that you could use these with the standard calipers.

Hi there

Sorry for jumping on this, but are you saying I can fit 300mm rears to my S4 F/L with Trigs brackets? That would be quite handy! I assume there's some Handbrake mods?'

Thanks In advance

yeh thats right. Brackets from trig to space the caliper out, the B7 disks, and a tweak to the handbrake cable, plus you need hoses with a banjo fitting to clear the upright.

yeh thats right. Brackets from trig to space the caliper out, the B7 disks, and a tweak to the handbrake cable, plus you need hoses with a banjo fitting to clear the upright.

Is the hose fitting easy to get hold of? I assume you have to re-route the handbrake cable? Probably not a good idea to do this without upgrading the Fronts though...

handbrake cable doesnt need rerouted, just stretched a bit.

Trig was selling the hoses and brackets together, Or you can get a suitable hose made up by HEL or similar

Reactions: s4best4