suspension upgrade

205man

Reaction score
id like to improve the handling of my 2.8s quattro i know the obvious route is to lower car shocks etc, but the problem i have is that i cant lower my due the design of my dirve i wouldnt be able to get in or out of it.

are there any stiffer shocks/springs i could buy that wont lower it or what other alternatives have i

alan

do they come with new rubber bushes as like they have in the photo?

i would need the sept 98> as mine is a 99.5 model do they fit the auto as well?

also says you can adjust them do they come with in structions to give you an idea which setting would be best?

cheers guys

steve i see your not far from me! where did you buy your car from/how long you had it?

alan

i spotted it on a forcourt in kidderminster about 5mths ago on the way to sainsburys! they gave me a good trade in on my a4 tdi, so i had it. its been good, thirsty tho!

wow small world i also test drove that one as i bought mine start of june time, i liked the low mileage / leather interior, but i had also tested the blue one ive got now and it was the colour swang it in the end i just liked the dark blue

but i wish mine had the leather like yours, and yours did have slightly lower mileage than mine, but the garage where i bought mine gave me a good px on my v6 calibra

mine next shopping item is some wheels probaly 18" rs4s or rs6s and sort suspension

my tdi was ming blue, i have a gallery on here with it on. i loved that colour. i bought this one because i wanted another quattro and i liked the spec. i have tidied it up a bit, there were quite a few marks on it when i had it. i kept the rs6 rims from my tdi cause i'd just bought them 2 weeks before i had the 2.8! its a funny car, does'nt feel that fast at first then once its wound up it goes really well. how do you find yours?

the same steve, my 2.5 v6 calibra felt quicker to accelerate but once the a4 gets wound up it is much faster and so much smoother to drive