New TT purchased

S

SteveSAS

Hi guys,
My wife has just purchased a Garnet Red 2006 (56) TT 2.0 tfsi with 68k 3 owners and full service history for £6700 which I believe was a bargain. Also has four good continental tyres.
We set out to view a few cars miles from where we live and this colour was the least loved on the web pics.
Our first view was a black 07 with similar miles from a small garage for £7500. We were put off on arrival with unfriendly salesman and then further with the test drive. Car went well but steering was not straight when going ahead, grubby inside, glove box was broken on one side and velcro had been added. All alloys heavily scratched and new but budget tyres been fitted all round and even had different makes on rear. What a joke this was presented like this from an experienced garage (est. 30yrs)
The Garnet Red one was second on the list and we fell in love with the colour in the flesh and the private seller couldn't be more friendly and honest.

Couple things to get sorted, it had service last year (stamped) but cambelt was done at 38k and in 2011 so 6yrs ago this year, is this considered urgent on this engine? Best to buy from TPS and get Indie to put on?
The other issue on drive home is the temp gauge is a bit lazy so maybe a new thermostat is required. It stayed slightly under 90c in traffic and dropped right back to 70c on the motorway.

Any comments and advice welcome.

Cheers Steve

Steve, you should know you don't post about a new car without plenty pictures! :whistle2:

Hope you have found a bargain and get many happy miles out of it!

Ok guys, just two pics at the mo until I get some good weather to clean and take some more.
TT 2006 1

TT 2002 2

Reactions: THQuattro
Very nice. Love the richness of the paint. Enjoy :)

Thanks, is there any real advantage of the pop up spoiler at speed or just a gimmick?