Aftermarket stereo, factory sub

Stuart Newman

Reaction score
Good morning,

I know this has been done to death but having done extensive searching I cant find the information I am looking for.

I have an 8l 1.9tdi sport which the original stereo has been removed and replaced with a philips unit. because of this the factory sub and rear speakers didnt work. The rear speakers have been wired up manually but I now want to get the factory sub working with the new unit.

From what I understand I need to wire the switched live from the car to the remote switch on in the back of the head unit. And then i will need to connect the original rear wires to the line out.

My problem at the moment is the wires going into the original ISO plug (which is red) have been cut so I no longer know their position in the plug. would anyone be able to help with the colours of these wires so i know which is which?

Also when it come to connecting the speaker cables from the car to the head unit how to i connect it?

Not yet mate Although I am working on a solution with pictures etc to help so watch this space

Don't know if this is any help guys,hope so...
Img0418

Perfect, exactly what ive been looking for. I will do a full write up of this because i'm sure Im not the only one who has this problem

try and turn that graph into dumbie proof English writing please mate

im thinking we need some kind of adapter for the sub box and rear speakers

If your vehicle wiring is still as standard you can get plug and play looms. take a picture and upload it to show me and i'll get you a link