A4 3.0 tdi gearboxes - manuals

Rowcliffe

Reaction score
Hey guys
I'm new here and been looking to get my first Audi. I've decided on a manual 3.0 tdi after seeing some of the build threads on here as it seems like a great engine and can't wait to achieve those amazing torque figures!

However I've noticed that there are no manuals between about 2011 and 2014? Not that I can find anyway. Does anyone know why this is? I can't seem to find any information on it.

Thanks guys.

manual on 3.0tdi is quite tiring.. 1st gear is super short.. and basically the entire setup works really well with auto, so probably not so many people have been ordering manuals :) good luck tho, stick to what you desire! :)

Thanks for the reply.
The autos do seem like a great box but I'm concerned about how much torque they can handle after tuning it. Although I have seen some tiptronics running around 800nm!
Maybe if one comes along with all the toys I want I might change my mind...

It looks like the tiptronics are totally bomb proof and will probably last better than a manual clutch, the s tropics seem to have more problems and take a fair bit of looking after.

tiptronic in e.g. Bobby's setup runs with 900Nm... for me this gear box is decent, but not modern.. when u ever driven a new s-tronic or new tip (8 gears) you will immediately notice difference.. it's slower, you can feel the converter working.. on D it's a lazy car. The difference between modes is much less noticeable on s-tronic than on old tip.. but when it finally is in S, it delivers proper results. And at least u can feel the gear changes! :)

mines a manual. its 1000nm plus rated and is also fitted to the rs4 . the clutch is also twin plate as stock and bullet proof. when i bought mine there were only 4 for sale in the whole country including mine .. they are rare and fetch more money