Facelift Ordered a Hatch? Forget It!!

A car in low demand?? Surely you don't think "enormous customer interest" is a load of b******t ?
whistle2.gif

jassyo06 is spot on.
Lets be honest, Audi doesn't care...........only approx 10% of A3s are 3door so they are focused on satisfying the ones in demand.
OK as the punter it must be very annoying but the scale of the VW group is too large to care on 'low' volumes of a mass produced low profit margin car, you can take your business elsewhere but again Audi won't care as a few annoyed potential owners won't make a difference.
As a business it is the right move, as an affected customer it is not.
Buy a new 3dr Golf instead.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Couldn't agree more, but the point I was trying to get across was that Audi's reason for the delay is due to high demand and "enormous customer interest". I would suggest they may just be economical with the truth.

Reactions: richinsoton
They pulled the RS3 Sportback that was in very high demand
@jassyo06 - & I wonder how much that cost Audi
so they won't lose any sleep over slowing production of a car that's in low demand...
If I was in the market for a 3 door & was quoted 9 months for delivery I would defo be moving to another brand

I don't care what the official BS line is on this, its bad for Audi IMHO

Reactions: glenn1948
At month number 8 the dealer would be blocking my emails :yes:

Reactions: Djs3saloon, Bristle Hound and richinsoton
I enquired on Friday about ordering an A3 hatch for the missus and got quoted Sep/Oct delivery. However the dealership managed to find a pre-existing order within the group in the system with BW 17. So we have just placed the order today with our specification and we’re looking at May delivery. Surprised they managed to find one that soon that was available.

I have come have come across this sort of delay before when ordering but it was due a specific engine (1.2 TFSI) on the A1. It appears they limit production to certain times of the year for low selling models.

Reactions: richinsoton
Couldn't agree more, but the point I was trying to get across was that Audi's reason for the delay is due to high demand and "enormous customer interest". I would suggest they may just be economical with the truth.

You must be mistaken........the VW group are known for being upfront and honest ;)

Reactions: glenn1948
I enquired on Friday about ordering an A3 hatch for the missus and got quoted Sep/Oct delivery. However the dealership managed to find a pre-existing order within the group in the system with BW 17. So we have just placed the order today with our specification and we’re looking at May delivery. Surprised they managed to find one that soon that was available.

I have come have come across this sort of delay before when ordering but it was due a specific engine (1.2 TFSI) on the A1. It appears they limit production to certain times of the year for low selling models.

Apart from Audi that engine is also fitted to VW, Seat, and Skoda models, so must have affected a huge quantity of vehicles.

It was more to do with they didn't sell many 1.2s in the A1 at the time, this was back in 2012. I had to wait quite a few months, much longer than it would of for a 1.4 or 1.6 TDI. They salesman showed me the two different BW slots and how they differed due to the engine choice. He said it was due to the factory allocation a small window for the 1.2s.

Just like the delay in the 3dr A3, they make production priorities for models that sell well.

The whole delay thing makes a mockery of how adaptable modern production lines supposedly are to changing demands / needs etc...

Reactions: f1nny and glenn1948
I think we're all surmising what the issue light be. It could be a thousand and one things. Broken tooling to bankrupt supplier,

Reactions: vacant
Today I had a reply direct from Ingolstadt in response to my query as to why the three door hatch had a lead time of nine months. I quote " Due to the enormous customer interest in our A3 three door, we are experiencing unanticipated production delays which is the reason for the unusually long delivery"
I reckon that's at least equal to " The cheques in the post" and " Of course your bum doesn't look big in that my angel"

I think we're all surmising what the issue light be. It could be a thousand and one things. Broken tooling to bankrupt supplier,

No it's definitely due to enormous customer interest. You have to believe Audi don't you?
clear.png
clear.png
whistle2.gif

I ordered an A3 Hatch (to replace the current 8V Hatch) in early January. The dealer re-allocated me an order from early December, specced to my order.

Original build date - after 4 weeks wait - was originally 22nd May. This has already come forward to 7th May, so fingers crossed for further "forward progression" in Ingoldstadt.

Wish I could fall on a cancelled order

Reactions: Jassyo06
My order has gone from middle of May to mid-April (ordered 26 Nov). Hopefully means Ingolstadt are pulling their finger out.

My order has gone from middle of May to mid-April (ordered 26 Nov). Hopefully means Ingolstadt are pulling their finger out.

Same here - had originally had a 22nd May build week - this came forward 2 weeks a few weeks ago. Just checked and it's now sprung forward to 17th April. No idea how often the YourAudi tracker updates, but I'll keep an eye on it as it sounds like Ingolstadt are increasing the production rate of 3 door hatchbacks. Maybe they have woken up to the fact they are losing business with ridiculously long delivery timescales - to be quoted 9 months for delivery as some people have been will make most customers spend their money with another brand.

Same here - had originally had a 22nd May build week - this came forward 2 weeks a few weeks ago. Just checked and it's now sprung forward to 17th April. No idea how often the YourAudi tracker updates, but I'll keep an eye on it as it sounds like Ingolstadt are increasing the production rate of 3 door hatchbacks. Maybe they have woken up to the fact they are losing business with ridiculously long delivery timescales - to be quoted 9 months for delivery as some people have been will make most customers spend their money with another brand.

As its been said above....but build dates always move back after the initial given date by a few weeks but not by months....so all you 3 door guys....just have to wait or go elsewhere

I guess I'll be waiting a while :nogarors4::sign unfair::s3addict:

My build date of 22nd May is now 10th April according to MyAudi. It's coming the right way!

Reactions: MikeSel^
My build date of 22nd May is now 10th April according to MyAudi. It's coming the right way!
Don't get too excited... check YourAudi again - mine slipped back from 17th April to 8th May overnight.

Don't get too excited... check YourAudi again - mine slipped back from 17th April to 8th May overnight.

Mines gone into prep now, build week now at 24th of April. Not sure how the two fit together

Mines gone into prep now, build week now at 24th of April. Not sure how the two fit together

My build date is 24th April too. But it's still saying 'order received' on the tracker :sos:

My build date is 24th April too. But it's still saying 'order received' on the tracker :sos:
Edit: mines now in preparation stage too :sunglasses:

Reactions: lledwoc
Anyone else waiting on a 3 door received an email from their stealer saying your new car is nearly ready?? I received one today, but my order is still showing 7th of August for build week and hasnt moved for a few weeks. Very strange will bell them tomorrow just interested if anyone else had got something similar?

Anyone else waiting on a 3 door received an email from their stealer saying your new car is nearly ready?? I received one today, but my order is still showing 7th of August for build week and hasnt moved for a few weeks. Very strange will bell them tomorrow just interested if anyone else had got something similar?
I've ordered 3 door and haven't had anything

I'm pleased I stumbled on a cancelled order that was ordered on the 16th December 2016. Ordered my FL 3d S3 on the 13th Jan, 13 weeks later to the day it arrived. I thought I waited ages!