Headlight washer covers replacement

Briyasan

Reaction score
Hi All,

My headlight washer covers will not fully reset flushed to the bumper as one of its legs snapped near the spring. Many threads on another forum mentioned this cannot be replaced and new bumper is needed but I come across a photo showing the inside view of the bumper and this looks to me they are not permanently fixed to the bumper and surely Audi will have spare parts available. Mine is a 2009 Avant s-line. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_6546.PNG
    IMG_6546.PNG
    634.9 KB · Views: 2,502
Thanks for your help RAF_S7 :rock: Not sure the different between normal code and the one with an A at the end. might just be a revision.:laughing:

The last letter is usually just a revision indicator. You should be able to pull your existing cap off and read the part number somewhere on it.

I'd maybe guess that it is the other part "17", that part "2" I think is just the painted top part, the hinged part is below that and the painted part just clips on to that part. Though if it is the bumper mounting that has broken then it will need that plastic welding and the hinged cover fitted back on.

Really you need to take one off and look as maybe there is no bumper mounting and it is attached to the spray assembly.

Edit:- I've taken that part off a B5 Passat and you just ease the sprayer piston up slowly against its return spring, then have a look at the cover assembly.

One of mine snapped meaning that the cover wouldn't close properly. I took the bumper off, removed the cover and spring and stuck the leg back on with araldite. This was about 6 months ago and it's still holding up.
I did notice from time to time that full assemblies with the bumper part would come up on eBay as that was my next port of call if the araldite didn't work.