2.0tdi 170 quatttro lacking power

ian reid

Reaction score
Hi all had the car a few months now the car seems to be very slow in comparison to a mondeo tdi etc it seems to run out power very quick. could this be down to the last audi software update they done for emmissions ?
Any help would be great .

Remap it - you won't be disappointed and it will do away with the "emission update" that doesn't help

Reactions: RS5 JON
Did it feel like that before the emissions update?

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

Exactly the same engine as mine. Got mine remapped stage one, now running about 205hp

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Kept an M3 at bay until we hit 35mph lol

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Reactions: RS5 JON
ive just purchased the car and the update was done about a month before hand, my mechanic mate drove it and said it was dumping boost to quick. and there was no power where there should be . it really is shocking how just drop your power cause they got it wrong.
Im in central wheres the best place for a stage 1 map and what sort of price is it .

Plenty of site sponsors that will give you a price for a map, have a look, or you could go Revo or Superchips BlueFin.

JG

If I were you I'd get it looked at before thinking about a remap. If there is something wrong with it, as you suspect, then a remap will likely make it worse. Have you had it on any diagnostics?

the car has been on a diagnostic machine at ma pals work the car checks out ok it seems to be the last audi softwear update i got a price for a remap from celtic tuning seems to be good figures for the stage 1 .

Be all and end all they aint that quick cars. The 4wd saps so much power its unreal. Been a few lesser powered cars that have left mine stood still because of the 4wd. Leon FR 170CR for example, left alone on a stretch of motorway down the slip road. Few newer 320i's aswell. 320d.
Although a 2016 golf GTi got a bit of a shock when beat off the traffic lights on a wet road.

Would love to know how they are with a map, as you can tell there is potential there for power and torque, but the stock map is shocking on them.

Wonder what options there are for a totally stock car in terms of a map with the DPF etc.