Facelift Spoiler for stopping rear window getting dirty

allanmb

Reaction score
Until the S3, I have always had saloons but now have a sportback. The most annoying thing is how dirty the rear window gets! Is there anything I can do to help alleviate this issue? I was thinking maybe a little extra spoiler/lip might help but wanted to see if anyone else has any experience with this?
Cheers

Reactions: pburv
The shape of the car creates turbulent air that tends to pull dirt toward the rear of the car. It's very well known and annoying in the world of hatchbacks (like my former Golf R).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Audi Bairn and pburv
Try using a good glass sealant which should keep dirt off a bit better

Reactions: Schizophonic
I know it's an 8p model but this one has an extra spoiler on the rear. not sure if it helps any with keeping dirt off the back??
2009_05_27_22_31_41_nothelle_header1.jpg

I know it's an 8p model but this one has an extra spoiler on the rear. not sure if it helps any with keeping dirt off the back??
2009_05_27_22_31_41_nothelle_header1.jpg
This makes me want to vomit....... who ever thought that looked good, needs a high five to the face.......with a chair

Reactions: redsep, Neil C, pburv and 4 others
This makes me want to vomit....... who ever thought that looked good, needs a high five to the face.......with a chair

And what's worse is it is in an aerodynamically dead spot - it does nothing but look bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: pburv and RSS-S3
I would like to point out that this isn,t my car...lol:p

Reactions: Schizophonic, Audi Bairn and RSS-S3