White smoke / condensation

goodbuzzman1

Reaction score
i have a 2007 s3. I have noticed that when in traffic, my car seems to put out more smoke out of the exhaust than others. When I say smoke, it could be just condensation...I'm not sure.. it is white. Doesn't really smell though. Do these s3's generally do that cos they put out high emissions? Anyone have a similar situation?

Yes, just condensation and it seems worse on cold humid days. You will notice that lots of other cars have the same issue and seems to last quite a few miles before the steam disappears. Just to satisfy yourself, check and top up the coolant to bang on the max line and have another check a week later, hopefully non gone missing.

I hate to break it to you but it might be the turbo on it's way..

If it was smoke it would hang about in the air for a while. If it is condensation it will soon disappear.
Next time look to see if it disappears from the air as it rises.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I have a 1.8TFSI 2011 and I always get the condensation, I'm pretty sure as mention earlier it's not smoke as it evaporates fairly quickly. I've been told it's due to the stainless steel exhaust and possibly running the aircon.

If it's excesive smoke with smell of burned oil then it is probably turbo. to check it you need to take the downpipe off and look for oil and shaft play of the turbo internals.