MAF De-Vein

Passatman

Reaction score
Hi,
Anyone know if de-veining the tube which houses the MAF would increase performance at all, and with any "side affects"?

Hi
As I have mentioned before , it is there for a reason and it is for the vortices , as the air passes over the sensor and if you take it out it will not give the best readings
Sarah

Hi Awsome......Thanks....although I have probably read a thousand posts, I must have missed yours....sorry about that and thanks.....My perception is that MAF's seem to give a huge amount of trouble, and that they are defective more often than in service....

It has been a week of niggles...faulty MAF, then Coolant Temp Sensor...trying to solve a bit of a hole in the power between 2000 and 2800 RPM....

:)

Hi
That is ok , I didnt want you to go removing it and doing any harm , also the MAFS are exchange units and if you go damaging them , you would not be able to return it then and loose out on the surcharge too :(
Sorry

Have you done a diagnostic on the car?
There is the N75 valve too and also check out the pipes to see if there is a split pipe about somewhere

Sarah

......you guys are lucky, I doubt very much that here in South Africa you can get an exchange unit....got to buy the entire sensor and don't get anything for the "old" one....I see you guys get them cheaper too.....ours are the equivalent of about ₤ 250 +!

I will check N75 and hoses....nice system on Vortex using pressure from a pump or compressor, connected onto MAF pipe...just not sure weather this will flag a component which is faulty, i.e. sucking air by blowing....but will flag "holy" pipes!

Cheers:sex: