Squeak from rear/boot area in saloon

The Saints

Reaction score
I've had my A4 saloon since December and just approaching 1500 miles. However today the car has started squeaking from the rear, does it pretty much over every bump and fairly loud not to mention irritating.
The boot is empty and this evening I have checked the spare wheel is securely fastened and I cannot seem to replicate whilst stationary by bouncing the rear of the car. I'm going to take everything out the boot including the spare etc tomorrow in daylight and have the wife drive and I'll sit in the back to try and find it.

Have any other B9 owners had similar with the saloon?

Reactions: Rob_F
Yep had this - and there has been a few reports on VWAF forum too.

Mine has cleared itself up - but I believe it's one of the rear trims rubbing on a clip / recessed window part

Reactions: Rob_F
I've had the same issue from new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've had a ride in the back and it appears to be coming from either driver side rear pillar or under where the roof lining meets the glass, it's hard to pinpoint as it resonates throughout the back.
I'll give it a few days to see if it goes as away as quick as it started but otherwise I see a trip to the dealer

After one of the most annoying commutes to work ever with the constant squeak from the rear I've got to get this looked at, if only for my sanity
It actually sound like something rubbing on the glass.

My question is that there is an Audi dealer closer to me than the dealer that supplied, will any dealer look at this under warranty or should I be going to the supplying dealer given it's only a month old?

Car went to my local dealer today and squeak is now resolved. It was an issue with "something" in the drivers side D pillar.
I knew the squeak was annoying but did not realise just how intrusive the noise actually was. The car seemed whisper quiet on the drive home.

I can get back to enjoying the car now

Reactions: maui, Rob_F and gbrown
Hi 'the saints', I have just picked my car up on Friday and this is driving me nuts! I thought boot, seat belts or even rear windscreen itself but can't trace as yet. Can you be any more specific? I too am having to go to my local service centre as the dealer is too far away to pop back into!

Hi 'the saints', I have just picked my car up on Friday and this is driving me nuts! I thought boot, seat belts or even rear windscreen itself but can't trace as yet. Can you be any more specific? I too am having to go to my local service centre as the dealer is too far away to pop back into!

When I took it in they were aware of the issue as they had another A4 with the same problem. The only feedback I got was that they removed the drivers side D pillar trim by the rear windscreen and made good. Unfortunately I collected late in the day so the tech had left so could not get any further details other than what was on the job sheet.
It was hard to pinpoint I could just tell it was coming from parcel shelf/rear windscreen area.

Thanks mate, sounds very similar. I will call in to my local service centre. Hopefully they will look under warranty.

I've had the same issue from new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just a quick update on mine. I finally got around to taking the car to the dealer. The fault was with the fixing which attaches the rear window to the car. They made a small adjustment and the noise has gone. I can't believe I waited so long to get it fixed. The car is lovely and quiet now!

PS. Very impressed with the Audicam video from the technician explaining the issue.

Reactions: maui