Ignorance is Bliss..

ad3crk

Reaction score
Ill be honest, i really havent looked into the difference between S4's and RS4's...but based on the B5 body style S4 and RS4....i would like to know the outright difference between them both...is it the body-kit and a little more spruced up engine of the RS4, that they both share? An Audi lover would love to know...all around the US basically you would only see the S4 over the RS4...i know the difference between the B6 S4 and RS4 but not the B5...what is my major malfunction? :ermm:

Not sure what you're asking.

Do you want to know the difference between a B5 S4 and B5 RS4, or between a B7 S4 and B7 RS4, or between a B5 RS4 and a B7 RS4, or some other combination?

what is the main difference between a S4 and a RS4? im taking a stab at it and saying the engine and the body..but this question is mainly in regards to the B5 class of the S4 and RS4..thanks for the input and putting me "In the Know"..
Chris

Bigger turbos, larger ports on the head, stronger rods & crank, larger inlet pipes, revised inlet system to sort out the faults the S4 had (Throttle body boot & f-hose), lower compression ratio & sodium valves in head. Larger intercoolers. Engine work done by cosworth. Power up from 265HP to 380HP. S4 can be tuned to about 350 the RS4 can be tuned to about 470. With turbos being upgraded the S4 can reach 500ish the RS4 can achieve over 600. The RS4 can also rev to 7k as standard due to the ligher parts. Its is a MUCH improved engine!

The body was obviously wider

Interiour had the recaros as standard.

Larger brake callipers & disks

Suspension lower by 20mm & firmer ride

Diff can split power (I think) 75:25 either front or rear whereas the S4 can only split 33:66... if I remember correctly! RS4 gear rations are also slightly shorter from 3rd onwards.

RS4 obviously only available in avant.