HID Replacement Burners.

I had your dilemla recently although it was between the osram night breakers and cool blue intense. i brought both sets and still haven't decided running one of each atm. but have a look at this... it might change your opinion....
comparatie-becuri-xenon.png

Fyi amazon are doing them £44 a bulb...

I had your dilemla recently although it was between the osram night breakers and cool blue intense. i brought both sets and still haven't decided running one of each atm. but have a look at this... it might change your opinion....
comparatie-becuri-xenon.png

Thanks for posting that table. It's really strange that the original Xenarc puts out more light than the Night Breakers.

Between the CBI and NB, which are you favouring? I'm struggling to decide between these myself.

Going off that list it would be the NB for me as 3lm isn't really a visible difference, but the lumen intensity is way higher on the NB's

Well I've just installed a pair of NBU from amazon, and although they've only had a couple of hours of use, they seem pretty shocking compared to the old pair of philips xenstart bulbs, and the NBU are bluer??? WTF, how can they be bluer?????

So I'm not sure what decision to make. Yes they will change colour slightly over time, but they feel so bad, that I dont think they'll change enough. And they aren't gonna get much brighter really.
The other possibility is that they arent genuine. The osram trust thingy seems to match, but it doesnt seem that complicated so I'm sure they could be faked.

All I read is good reviews on the NBU, and yet mine are worse than several year old philips!! Just my luck lol

Sorry to hear about your experience, Rambo. Thanks for sharing it.

Well I've just installed a pair of NBU from amazon, and although they've only had a couple of hours of use, they seem pretty shocking compared to the old pair of philips xenstart bulbs, and the NBU are bluer??? WTF, how can they be bluer?????

So I'm not sure what decision to make. Yes they will change colour slightly over time, but they feel so bad, that I dont think they'll change enough. And they aren't gonna get much brighter really.
The other possibility is that they arent genuine. The osram trust thingy seems to match, but it doesnt seem that complicated so I'm sure they could be faked.

All I read is good reviews on the NBU, and yet mine are worse than several year old philips!! Just my luck lol

Right... I also purchased them from amazon... my originals, well what I believe are the originals. Where also Phillips xenstart. From what I read they colour shift to around 4800 kelvin as the age.

So it's quite strange that you say they're bluer...I just changed one to start with, because I didn't have time to do both and the other one was still working.

The first thing noticed they were warmer. What did it say on your bulb xnb or Cbi?
Maybe you got a return? Or got swapped somehow?

Also bulbs do take 20 -100 hours to reach full brightness and then start to decrease over time, from what I read about them. I also thought they weren't as bright as the originals when I first changed them.

Thanks for posting that table. It's really strange that the original Xenarc puts out more light than the Night Breakers.

Between the CBI and NB, which are you favouring? I'm struggling to decide between these myself.

I'll let you know which ones I prefer to drive with. But ATM I'm learning towards xnb just seems to have a slight edge. But I'm giving the other bulb few more hours of use to get to full brightness still lightly noticeable it's not as bright as the other one which has 6 more hours or so on it...

They are definitely night breakers. I know they can take some time to change colour, and brightness can increase slightly, but they just seem so bad that I cant see them ever getting bright enough....we'll see!

Definitely a lot bluer though, which does make me wonder if they're fakes....I'll just give it a week or two and see what happens.

They are definitely night breakers. I know they can take some time to change colour, and brightness can increase slightly, but they just seem so bad that I cant see them ever getting bright enough....we'll see!

Definitely a lot bluer though, which does make me wonder if they're fakes....I'll just give it a week or two and see what happens.

what happend in the end?

Hi

Sorry for the late reply.

Well I just never liked them. The "at least" 2 year old standard philips I had were still better, so I returned the NBU's (fortunately amazon are great for returns).

I'm not saying that the NBU's as a whole are crap, but the ones that I bought from amazon were. They passed all the genuine tests, so I couldnt say how easy they are to fake, but if they were genuine, then they were very crap lol

Hi

Sorry for the late reply.

Well I just never liked them. The "at least" 2 year old standard philips I had were still better, so I returned the NBU's (fortunately amazon are great for returns).

I'm not saying that the NBU's as a whole are ****, but the ones that I bought from amazon were. They passed all the genuine tests, so I couldnt say how easy they are to fake, but if they were genuine, then they were very **** lol

kinda know what you mean tbh. I dont know if its cause you expect them to better and you cant tell much difference its your mind playing tricks on you. But I some what felt the same way as you. On another note you perceive bluer light as brighter tho. due to you pupil dilating more. But there again which magazine or so called "independent review" isnt biased towards a certain brand. You never know what "gifts" people reccive.

Thats the thing, my original bulbs were lower kelvin, therefore whiter technically. Regardless of colour, the NBU's were definitely dimmer than my originals. I guess different bulbs can behave differently depending on the headlight projector I suppose, so that could be a factor too...who knows lol