Central locking and windows

John Vallance

Reaction score
Hi can any one help me I have a Audi A3 sportback 2.0 tdi 2005 and my central locking doesn't work on both rear doors and electric windows don't work either and also lights don't flash when locked does anybody have any ideas what I can do
Thanks

Did all these items stop working at the same time?
With older cars, the wiring loom that goes from the door to the A post, passes through a rubber gaiter. Over the years the constant opening and closing of the door bends and straightens the wires within causing them to break. Have a look at the wires in the gaiter and see if they are broke. The drivers door is the most likely to cause problems as it is the most used door but has been know to effect the passenger doors as well. Solenoids in the rear doors that open and close the locks are well known for going faulty as well.
Try the window switches on the rear doors as well, do they work?

What @Soot1 said - very common problem with the loom on the front doors, which would affect rear doors too. If it is the wires, they can be repaired, but the best long-term solution is a new loom.

Did all these items stop working at the same time?
With older cars, the wiring loom that goes from the door to the A post, passes through a rubber gaiter. Over the years the constant opening and closing of the door bends and straightens the wires within causing them to break. Have a look at the wires in the gaiter and see if they are broke. The drivers door is the most likely to cause problems as it is the most used door but has been know to effect the passenger doors as well. Solenoids in the rear doors th

It's just the locks on both rear doors and both electric windows every thing else works fine and I checked the fuses and they seem fine