At last, finally done it!!

jrgibb

Reaction score
Website
www.type72.com
Hi all,

After searching for a few months I've gone and dived in at the deep end and put down a deposit on a 56 plate S4 :)

I've been backwards and forward between an A4 / A6 3.0 gas burner or an S4 with my head telling me the diesel is the right thing to do, but my heart has been screaming in the other ear - you're long time dead and driving with a stupid grin on your face is the only way to go.

Picking it up on Wednesday, can't wait.

It's std throughout - would welcome recommendation re tyres and the best oil to feed the beast, want to change the oil every 6 months regardless of service requirements.

J

Reactions: Baka, martin1984 and Gazwould
I have a 3.0tdi quattro and it's pretty appalling on fuel, so don't let the s4 worry you haha. We need pics as soon as you can!

Saloon in black :) I'm preparing myself for the shock - I drove my sisters Q7 4.2 V8 to France in the summer, it's such a sweet engine, plus my mate has an S4 cab so we'll be having some fun - he's over the moon because he sick of my kicking his **** round the lanes in my Elise (he compltly blitzs me on the straights of course!!)

nice ive had a few saloon cars but since the b7 came along im a avant man all day long im sure you will have some fun it it.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Avants all day long for me too, whatever the engine....but i'd take an S4 or RS4 saloon if I had too.......nice

So am I in the minority (feels that way)? Lol

So are you Avant lover all a bunch of farmers?? Is it practically or aesthetics or are you just all a little strange? :whistle2: :sweatsmile:

the avant is just a better looking car in the B7 format, don't get me wrong the saloons are great , but the avants are just better, and to prove my point, the RS4 B7 came out first in avant form before the saloon.... the avant is so much more versatile , and what more could one need a fast and awesome looking estate car....

Reactions: carlcall
So am I in the minority (feels that way)? Lol

I forgot to add that the saloon owners don't like to admit they bought the wrong shape and swear blind that theirs is the best shape, even though they know deep down inside the Avant is the best!

big_rofl.gif

Reactions: Stanningtonglen, Charlie Farley and tony mc
Congratulations and saloons FTW! :D

I had 4 Goodyear Eagle Asymmetrical 3's fitted last week and have to say I'm very impressed.

As to oil, I've always used Quantum.

I forgot to add that the saloon owners don't like to admit they bought the wrong shape and swear blind that theirs is the best shape, even though they know deep down inside the Avant is the best!

Lol - I've not even got the car yet and I'm getting grief :blackrs4: :innocent::zen:

Reactions: carlcall
nah it's not grief you're getting chap, just making sure you know which one too buy......