Help Mounting Manifold to Audi S3 Quattro 2001

Nicroman

Reaction score
Hi There

I recently bought this Manifold to my Audi S3, however, the mechanic tried to put them but they just did not fit.

Can anyone tell me what modifications do I have to do to properly install the manifold? Is it really possible to mount these mannifold?

Details Audi - Audi A3 S3 8L Quattro 10/2001 Engine AMK 210BHP with Turbo BKK K04-023 Code 06A145704Q

The exhaust manifolds I bought were these and are even specific for this car

s-l500.jpg

s-l500.jpg

Burstflow Abgaskrümmer Stoßaufladungskrümmer passend für Audi S3 TT 1.8T K04 | eBay

Regards from Portugal

Define 'did not fit'?...

These manifolds are notorious for not fitting 100% but they can be made to 'fit'... they are also quite tricky to get to the bolts etc on then and one of the turbo/manifold bolts needs to be changed to a stud as the manifold shrouds the hole enough to make it near impossible to fit while the engine is in the car.. you may find that the manifold head flange needs grinding to fit the head properly...

Most people take the head off to fit this manifold as its that much of a pain to fit...

Here is a thread listing what needs doing
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...ld-downpipe-and-sports-cat-on-the-car.188175/

Do NOT use the supplied gaskets... replace the head/manifold, manifold/turbo and turbo/downpipe gaskets with GENUINE ones from Audi... supplied gasket WILL fail...

<tuffty/>

I still have my one under my bench along with the cda air filter. Unsurprisingly, It still looks like new.
Even with the head off it was a struggle to get it flat, then the heat sheild had to be removed and a cam cover bolt hole trimmed with a hack saw, then the impossible to reach stud put me off.