1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.0 TDi inlet runner flaps

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by Granta, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Granta

Granta Member

Evening all,

i am looking at replacing the pair on a customers car, the inlet manifolds that is as both banks are flagging up the EML. I can get them from TPS but I want to keep the costs down, does anyone know if they are available anywhere else? I have seen on eBay a company sends you a pair from Germany and refunds you £60 for your old units, has anyone done that? what have you done.

thanks
  2. kite

kite Member

Audi sell a repair kit for manifold runners.
  3. Granta

Granta Member

Is that the kit that contains the linkage that connects the motor to the runners or is it the guides too that the runner sits in?
  4. NHN

NHN Modmetractor Site Sponsor

Why would you go to all this trouble if its for a clients car, surely fitting new local parts is the best option for them, really don't see the logic tbh, you want to minimise your risks & trouble for the client, not create potential headaches for them & you.
  5. Granta

Granta Member

I understand what you are saying, it's a private job for a trader, so he wants to keep the costs down and I'm not prepared to fit a repair kit but rather a whole manifold. Has anyone tried the ones from Germany?
  6. ben.w93

ben.w93 Member

I used a £30 repair kit on both sides, it fixed bank 1 but I ended up getting a referbed manifold from Germany to fix bank 2, think it was £250 and fixed it. I have since done about 1500 miles with no issues, reasonably easy to fit. I did it to keep costs down. It had modified actuator rods on it so hopefully it will be good for another 100k miles. As NHN says, if its not your car, new parts might be the way to go, I only did it as it was my car and me fitting it myself.
  7. S3AMK20VT

S3AMK20VT Member

if its running ok but just flagging the fault codes and engine light why not get them coded out? these guys do it FR&RTuning: MAHA Dyno Tuning: ECU, DSG Remapping looks like common faults
    012597 - Intake Manifold Runner Control - P3135 - 001 - Lower Stop not Reached.
    004120 - Intake Manifold Runner (Bank 2) - P1018 - 001 - Lower limit not reached.
  8. Granta

Granta Member

Thanks for all they replies. Haven't thought about mapping them out , although I would prefer to change them probably going to get a pair from eBay from Germany and see how they go.