2wd Rolling Road Day @ R-Tec UK, Leicestershire 29th Nov

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Leading on from some interest in doing a rolling road shoot-out a few days ago, I finally managed to pop up to see the guys (Nick & Ben) at R-Tec UK (based in Hinckley, Leicestershire, 5 minutes from the M69, Jnct 1). They are sponsors of another well known forum and the feedback has been very positive to date.

They will happily do a shoot out for us as long as we can get atleast 10 cars for the day, details as listed below:

• Rolling road run on 2wd rollers (can do 4wd too by disconnecting the haldex controller somehow).
  • Upto 3 runs
  • Print out of power / torque graph included
The cost of this will be 35 squids, the date currently available in their diary is for Sunday the 29th of November 2009, starting at around 10am.

If you guys / girls are interested, please stick your names down. This will be the ideal opportunity for everyone to put names to faces and get the pub ammunition based on your power results (or lack of:ohmy:).

Link to their website here:

http://www.r-techpower.co.uk/

This RR shoot-out will also be posted up on the B5/B68P board up too so that we can stir up as much interest as possible!

Get your names down:

1. Imteyaz (A3 1.8T)
2. Imraan (S3)

One point to note: Dont try running an A4/6/8 platform Quattro car (or any other real 4wd car) on 2wd rollers, you WILL break it.

If it was a 4WD rolling road, I would have put my name down. I don't trust this pulling the fuse out malarky, so not for me. I would be interested to turn up and watch since it's not too far away though, if you get it going.

i will come down and say hi as its literally 2 mins from my house, would it be ok to run an non audi? as i already had my car done there recently but my friend might want to get his focus ST on the rollers, would be good for banter?

R tech also have access to a 4x4 rolling road so depending on what cars want to go it could be worth asking about using that one?

I can't see why other marques of car can't go on the rollers, feel free to turn up whether you are are going on the rollers or just to watch.

I know a lot of other tuners do the same 'fuse pulling trick' if they have only 2WD rollers so it should be safe to do, although Nick & ben will be able to tell you if you car is suitable or not (01455 617 233).

The rollers were previously owned / used by Cosworth I believe so should handle 500BHP+ (if anyone can hit those figures!)

i might get mine run again as i think i have another boost leak :(

yep im same, ive seen the report from Haldex saying it isnt advisable over speeds of 30mph..... that said i questioned JBS on this and they say they have never had any issues....still not for me though, too expensive if it does go wrong

Hmmm, would be good to get all the S3 lot there too but if they're funny about pulling fuses etc (which to be honest I would be too) then I think I'll see if we can sort out a rolling road where we can all have a go.

I'll have a call around a few people and try and find one in the West Mids area if anyones keen.

T

yup yup, a definate from me...if its a dcent 4wd... last one was prosprot in manchester, renowned scooby mechanics and were very good rollers from what i hear/saw

1. Imteyaz (A3 1.8T)
2. Imraan (S3)
3.a3nav

It be good to compare figure before and after i start fiting my mods and i want these guys to remap my car in the further

No worries Tuffty, I can see why those with 4WD are a little worried and would want to go on 4WD rollers. Funny how the majority of RR owned by VAG based tuners are 2WD, Stealth Racing, Midland VW, JBS, P-Torque and ofcourse RTec. Still, we have 3 names listed - 7 more and we can make a day of it!

Cheers mate... I had mine on Stealth Racings rollers the other week and he disconnected the haldex at the controller. While wary of the potential for damage to the haldex, as long as its limited to a run or two then I think it should be ok...

I would have gone but its a trek tbh... I have spoken to Ajec though and they are up for a Dyno Day too so maybe the 4WD boys can have a shoot out with the 2WD boys at the different locations on the same day ;P...

Before anyone else responds to this particular post, this is Imteyaz thread and I will start a seperate one for Ajec. Please do not answer my post here, its bad enough I have hijacked it already.

Thanks

<tuffty/>

Sounds like a plan Tuffty, we could then all compare power figures on the results, and using the post from a few days ago (where the weight of the car was listed on the sticker in the boot / serice history book) work out the power to weight ratio for each car too! :blackrs4:

Ofcourse, for this to happen, we need to get people to put their names down and turn up on the day. Come on peeps, you know you want to be there. What better way to:

• Meet other fellow members from ASN
  • Check the actual power of your car
  • See if there are any potential problems
  • Pick the brains of the tuners on the day
  • Check out other peoples cars / wheels / interiors on the day
Imteyaz.

comparing results... lmao

bracing myself for the ensuing thread.....

dyno-lottery.jpg

Haha! Can you imagine the ensuing pub conversations? "I have the same power to weight ratio as a Veyron, and I can prove it!" I'll make sure to slip the tuner a fiver just to make sure my RR figures are 'healthy' lol!

If you cont get 10 people will this be called off?

Haha! Can you imagine the ensuing pub conversations? "I have the same power to weight ratio as a Veyron, and I can prove it!" I'll make sure to slip the tuner a fiver just to make sure my RR figures are 'healthy' lol!

whats the power to weight of a Veyron?
is it more than 600bhp/tonne
:D

There it is Bill, your Ibiza has a better power to weight ratio than a Veyron :)

Loving your work...

<tuffty/>

Unfortunately, if we can't get atleast 10 people, this RR shootout won't go ahead. Rtec work 6 days a week Monday to Saturday and if they are going to work a Sunday, it's unfair to drag them back to work for the sake of a handfull of cars which is why we need 10 people minimum. We still have time to get the numbers up though so I'll keep an eye on it and try and keep everyone posted.

Perhaps one of the Mods could make this post a sticky for a little?

Yup - I'm hoping we can get a few more peeps to join up, we have 3 people at present, need 7 more (minimum) for it to go ahead (roll up, roll up!)