2nd questions - Radio Code Issue

stevereid

Reaction score
Back so soon !
I'm planning on fitting my PArrot kit at the weekend, the issue I have come across is that the radio code card is missing from the car info.
Looks like the previous owner has lost it.
Is there anyone out there who has a code generator ? or will I need to go to a dealer ?

Thanks

Steve

When I lost my code I rang the dealer who registered the car initially, they required me to send then a copy of the V5 to prove my ownership of the vehicle and they gave me the code over the phone. Service was spot on, can't say if every Audi dealer would do this..

Any Audi dealer will tell you the code, sometimes they charge about 30 mins of time as it can involve taking the unit out to get the serial number etc. My dealer has given me the code on 2 different cars I have owned and never charged me, once was when I called in on spec and they didnt it there and then, the 2nd one it was in for its cambelt service anyway.

I recently removed my battery to clear the drain holes in the bulkhead.. Once I connected the battery up again my stereo worked as normal without putting the code back in...
Hth M

The radio will retain the code for a period of time when the battery is disconnected, maybe 2 hours..(?)