radio code?

dave rutter

Reaction score
hi , new car (second hand) and when you look for something that you dont usually need it isnt there! cant find a code for the standard factory fit rns-e satnav unit .could i get this from the dealers and how much arm and leg would they need . of course i am thinking ahead , i havnt disconnected it yet just in case been caught out before

i havnt had the unit out yet, but its the card with number on that is missing , all the books , manuals etc but no card

I had a pain with mine. Audi wouldn't give me one, nothing In my handbook so ended up doing a hack on the system which defaulted the code to something like 1111 I think. Was a pain the do the hack though

There was no code to put in with mine.
It had been replaced with an aftermarket one when I got the car.

Powered the Audi unit up on the bench and it asked for a code, put it in the car and it recognised the car and knew where it was, no code needed.
Not saying it will work in your case but did here, never put a code in after disconnecting battery etc..

You might have something, I disconnected an Octavia radio & it asked for a code, but after turning on the ignition it worked!!

I don't have to disconnect it I suppose ,There is a Nokia hands free kit fitted but it doesn't power up just wanted to investigate

The car remembers the stereos code if it was the unit last installed in the car, even if an aftermarket unit is installed it will still remember the code.......turn ignition on and then the stereo on and after a sec or two it will power up.

The main issue of code required States is when people buy units off eBay etc without codes and fit them. The car has never communicated with the stereo before so has no knowledge of a code.

hi , new car (second hand) and when you look for something that you dont usually need it isnt there! cant find a code for the standard factory fit rns-e satnav unit .could i get this from the dealers and how much arm and leg would they need . of course i am thinking ahead , i havnt disconnected it yet just in case been caught out before

Hey Dave, I found this website for generating the code for my radio when I got a new battery a couple of months ago.

http://freecarradiocodes.co.uk/audi-radio-decoder/