A3 interior trims vinyl wraping result

dp_motley

2019 A3 35TFSI S line
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I ride an SE edition of an A3 with basic grey plastic trims. I wanted something better, so I used this weekend to wrap the trims in dark grey brushed aluminium vinyl. I'm pleased with result. The pics are below. It was dark when I finished wrapping, so pictures aren't the best quality, maybe, sorry for that. But I can't wait to sharing them anyway.

Door trims vinyl wrap
Gear shift surround and ash tray vinyl wrap
Door trim vinyl wrap night
Gear shift surround and ash tray vinyl wrap night

That is nice finish:)

Thanks. Here are more pictures taken in a day light. Do you think I need a better gear knob, S-line type?

Gear shift surround and ash tray vinyl wrap day
Door trim vinyl wrap day 1
Door trim vinyl wrap day 2
Door trim vinyl wrap day 3

Reactions: Raiden
Would finish it off nicely personal preference really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looks good that, how easy was it to do the ashtray lid and gearstick surround? did the button bits, and trim come off, or did you cut it around it?

Thanks guys! Let me confess that it was my first experience in vinyl wrapping. I watched plenty of vids explaining how to work with the vinyl. The most important tip here is use heat. A heat gun or a hair dryer are your best friends. I used my wife's hair dryer.

The gear surround was the easiest part, partially because I did it after the door trims, partially because there aren't any sharp corners to wrap around. Vinyl is very soft and flexible when warm, but it has limits, so you need to know how to go around corners if you don't want to pierce it. I failed two times before I learned the skill :)

I used this video to learn how to take the trims off and fit them back, as well as how to disassembly the ashtray:

I didn't remove any button bits or a gearstick chrome surround because they were fused into the plastic base. I just cut around with a scalpel, then I used heat to smooth edges.

Reactions: Daytonapig