Red Cars

Spook

Reaction score
Someone said recently that red A3/S3's look great, until the time comes to sell them.

Anyone on here had trouble selling or trading-in a red car?

Spook said:
Someone said recently that red A3/S3's look great, until the time comes to sell them.

Anyone on here had trouble selling or trading-in a red car?

I think both red and yellow are "special" when it comes time to sell - they are the kind of colour that you either love or hate, and therefore you have to find someone who is looking for that specific colour, rather than someone who is just looking for an A3, A4 etc as they might be put off by the colour if it's not your normal silver, black or blue.....

Red is highly desirable on certain cars ( Ferrari,obviously,and Alfa Romeo too ),but I essentially agree with outlore.
I don't think your average prospective Audi buyer will be looking for red.
Chances are they'll look for more staid colours.

That's not to say this colour preference pattern isn't prone to change... Silver is definately less popular than it once was.

I have just ordered my A3 in Misano Red. I have been doing a lot of traffic watching recently - I had the same concern for re-sale. I've noticed that there are loads of red cars on the road. If you see a new Golf GTI there's a 50/50 chance it's Red... I don't think you'll have a problem selling if it's kept in good condition and not altered drastically from factory.

At the end of the day I saw the car i want in Misano red and thought - that looks the nuts, I'll take it! After all i'm in the market to buy a car, trying not to get too worried about selling it just yet! :happy:

I think the colours are model specific

An A3 S line looks great in Red but it would look daft on a basic 1.6 for example.

I think given that dealers are now trying to promote new colours in their showrooms the drab greys and silvers will be the ones that you cant shift in a couple of years time they are allready worth less cash at trade in time as the dealer will allready have an enormous stock of 2nd hand metallic grey cars on thier forecourts.

As I said in a previous post given the amount of red A3's and A4's that are on the road on new plates 55 , 06 , 56 then I cant see anyone having a problem shifting one on as they seem to be a very popular choice.

Maybe a poll should be posted for owners of cars upto say 1 year old to see how popular each colour is at the moment ?.

Its plainly obvious what colour dealers are trying to promote. At my dealer recently I've seen a red RS4, several red TTs and red A3s. The silvers and blacks definitely seem reserved for the lesser models and Q7. The car lot is peppered with red. Its a popular colour!

Exactly the same at both the dealers that are local to me .

The sportier Sline , S and RS variants are all in brighter colours and the lesser variants are silver or a shade of grey.

They had a great looking A3 3 sline in the showroom for a while in sprint blue and it looked fantastic.

I am a fan of white on performance cars , I saw a pearlescent white Aston Martin at a motorshow and it looked awesome as does the RS4 in white