drivers side rear suspension slight lower than passenger side

Lee.S

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has every had this on there s3 8l? my drivers side rear suspension is slightly lower than passenger side. Got a garage to have a quick look and he thinks it was one of the bushes that was badly worn causing it, he said the rear springs lowering ones and are pretty much new, could it be the rear shocker?

thanks.

Springs dictate ride height... Not uncommon for the springs to snap at the 'pigtail' ends...

I assume you haven't got coilovers? Check that both springs are the same and have the same packing etc...

Won't be dampers...

<tuffty/>

No coilovers tuffy thanks may just get a replacement set of springs then see how it goes :)

What springs have you got, are they OEM ones??

If so im sure there are a few different types and you can tell the difference by the number and colour of dots on them, it maybe worth checking that they are the same on both sides.

I replaced my standard springs with a set of second hand Audi TT springs.

when I took mine off, one side (the snapped side) had been replaced with a completely different spring. I must say the standard position does look far too high, but I was only changing back so didn't want to lower the back and then be forced to change front end too.

Just wondering if anyone has every had this on there s3 8l? my drivers side rear suspension is slightly lower than passenger side. Got a garage to have a quick look and he thinks it was one of the bushes that was badly worn causing it, he said the rear springs lowering ones and are pretty much new, could it be the rear shocker?

thanks.
Hi Lee, mine is the same even after a complete suspension makeover with new shocks and springs (KW). Drivers rear is about 1cm lower than other side. It's not really noticeable unless you know its there. I think some cars are just slightly uneven, I even heard the Civic type R (mark 2) owners and Mazda RX-8 owners with similar differences.