help buying new engine mounts.

Audiman99

Reaction score
Hi, was about to buy a set of powerflex mounts from an ebay seller, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....90041244564&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

but before i order the set they want to know what size front wishbone the car has and what size the front anti roll bar mount is.

As im pretty new to auids im not even sure where to look on my car, the car itself is a facelift 2001 210bhp audi s3. If this helps. If i need anymore information let me know.

Thanks guys

Allan

well mate, I don't know why you're going through e-bay for bushes (as I wouldnt) even though they're cheaper. Anyhow, I'm not sure about sizes for the ARBs but it would be the standard arb size (I think 16mm rear and 19mm front, but that's just a guess). I've just fit the full set follow the linky to my website, it might help u out because I've put in the part #, enjoy:

http://00626e1.netsolhost.com/formoshun/s3/Aftermarket Bushes.htm

hi, ya im looking at changing all the front bushes, so you dont recommend ebay, they seem much cheaper than going thro the powerflex website, are there any other places that are cheap to get them from then. Cars on 80k and im sure they need replacing. Thanks for the link Defratos, did you get yours from awesome-gti then, it doesnt list s3 on the car options.

Thanks

yeah I got mine from Awesome, but they were much more than £100, quite surprised how expensive they were but I'm seeing it as an investment for the future lol. Awesome don't list for the S3 on their site, but if you call them up and tell them the exact pieces you want they can get it sorted out. If the ebay offer is a genuine one and u can see the bushes in a pic of something then you might be better of through them, not sure really (I'm not much of an ebay enthusiast when it comes down to it)

Thanks, think ill stick with ebay as its cheaper just gotta find out the details they want, anyone else know what sizes i need?

I was planning to buy these just the other day, according to the Powerflex website there are two different front wishbone front bushes, these depend on the age of the car and what number is marked on the arm so you'll have to pull off a wheel to check.

Arm number 8N0 407 165/166 Bush number PFF3-501
Arm number 8N0 407 151/152 Bush number PFF85-201

I've not yet ordered these myself though as the Corrado engine is in bits this week so I don't need another project.

While you've got the wheel off you can always measure the anti roll bar at the same time just to be sure a previous owner didn't upgrade it.