S3 Child lock

Si_S3

Reaction score
Hi

I get an error every time I try to 'search' the forum so apologies if this has been covered already:

Does anyone know how to activity the Child Lock on the rear doors of the S3 Sportback?

The manual shows a diagram of using the key to turn something, but the key doesn't fit the white plastic piece. If I try using something else it doesn't move without feeling like it's going to break/snap.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
The key doesn,t go all the way in the plastic childlock button. Just turn it either way. Can,t think right now but isn,t there buttons that control the winows on the drivers side also do the childlock locks?

Reactions: Simon L, Si_S3, Scottyg and 1 other person
On the S3 the rear child locks are electronically operated by the rearmost buttons on the window switch pack near the drivers armrest.

It also isolates operation or the rear windows for rear seat passengers which could be considered both good and bad.

Reactions: pburv, Si_S3 and Scottyg
The key doesn,t go all the way in the plastic childlock button. Just turn it either way. Can,t think right now but isn,t there buttons that control the winows on the drivers side also do the childlock locks?

On the S3 the rear child locks are electronically operated by the rearmost buttons on the window switch pack near the drivers armrest.

It also isolates operation or the rear windows for rear seat passengers which could be considered both good and bad.

Yep, cheers guys. Can't believe I was so stupid! I had originally thought the switch was to disable the rear windows, and then totally didn't read past the key bit in the manual, which states that on the S3 its electronically operated.

Also funny how Leeds Audi have booked me in to have my issue looked at - surely they should know this?

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Yep, cheers guys. Can't believe I was so stupid! I had originally thought the switch was to disable the rear windows, and then totally didn't read past the key bit in the manual, which states that on the S3 its electronically operated.

Also funny how Leeds Audi have booked me in to have my issue looked at - surely they should know this?

Haha LoL yes they should !!

Glad you've sorted it.

Reactions: pburv