S3 JB1 package

Yeah there is a distinct difference between the two forums (in sweeping generalisation one more how it looks the other more it goes).
If somebody would convince me the JB1 won't cause my manual gearbox S3 to need a new clutch (and not from hearsay) then I would defo look into this. I can't believe the volumes of JB1 sold in the US cause manual clutch issues on the VWR as JB's own forum would be full of it.

Really interested to know if running map6 which is the low torque map if there is any evidence of clutch issues or longevity problems.

Last edited:
Yeah there is a distinct difference between the two forums (in sweeping generalisation one more how it looks the other more it goes).
If somebody would convince me the JB1 won't cause my manual gearbox S3 to need a new clutch (and not from hearsay) then I would defo look into this. I can't believe the volumes of JB1 sold in the US cause manual clutch issues on the VWR as JB's own forum would be full of it.

Really interested to know if running map6 which is the low torque map if there is any evidence of clutch issues.

Don't quite understand the point of your comment.
Ofcourse you increase clutch wear with any tune, either Jb1 or other tuning box or flash tune...
And quite certain that won't stop all manual owners from tuning

Anyway:

Last time I checked Burger's own forum there was almost no posts in the Vw/Audi section.

Are you sure not comparing apples and oranges by going on info from one of the BMW sections??

Anyway, since I have read through and continuously check the very long Jb1 threads on the US VW forums, think am enough qualified to answer...

You can tune down torque (boost) per rpm with map 6 and it works very well...
Don't remember reading of any failing manual clutch.

(Not counting those who don't care and have budgeted clutch change.)

It is known that some cars (Golf R/S3) have been suffering with the clutch, some are known to have been slipping in stock form.

A friend ran low torque and higher torque options without issues, but some have ran into issues on low torque maps.
Is pot luck it seems but, clearly in the main there haven't been any major issues.

The JB1 does change the car though, and with the user adjustability it is a good piece of kit. Worth the purchase IMO.