Audi A3 bi xenon headlight problem

Kristian Sepulveda-Morris

Reaction score
HI all this is my first post and need some info please, I have a 2006 a3 tfsi with the adaptive bixenon headlights, today I tried switching the bulbs round due to the drivers side flickering and going out well got them out easy enough but when I was trying to reconnect the power wire to the igniter I used abit too much force and something felt like it broke/come loose now the lens will move up and down freely by hand can this be fixed or is time to get a used one? Info greatly appreciated

The picture is off the net but of the headlight in question

Attachments

• IMG_1659.JPG
    IMG_1659.JPG
    10.1 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
You may have just popped it off the gromit. Should be able to push it towards the front of the car to click back in.

I think there's a knack to it as I had some new headlights delivered last week and both were flapping when I took them out.

Oh ok mate will give it another go. Is there much round there to break do you know? Gonna have to whip the bumper off I think and take the headlights out

Its adaptive so it has both axis on motors & its possible you've snapped a fixing or popped of, headlight more than likely needs opening to fix, but if snapped I would get another for longevity.

I have adaptives in stock if yours is broken & beyond repair.