turbo intake pipe ?

mad max

sixth gear
Reaction score
can anyone advise me i have a year 2000 s3 had it remapped recently at mrc tuning and i want to renew the turbo intake pipe on it.looking at it already has a tired ol looking samco hose on it.looked on the internet to see what one fits my car and im not to sure.engine code on my car is APY. the kit ive seen says its for the BAM engine with esp.my problem is mine has got esp must have been an option so im not sure this will fit and when i asked the retailer he didnt know either can anyone help

Just 'cos your Samco one looks tired and old doesn't mean it's not doing its job still?

They are very tough reinforced silicone hoses and 'should' last very well. Aside from the cosmetics, why do you think you need a new one?

Tallpaul said:
Just 'cos your Samco one looks tired and old doesn't mean it's not doing its job still?

They are very tough reinforced silicone hoses and 'should' last very well. Aside from the cosmetics, why do you think you need a new one?

since i bought the car nearly a year ago now ive just been going round it bringing it steadily up to scratch mechanicaly.i now want to enhance the ol girl a little maybe get some face lift rear lights, probably nothing wrong with the pipe thats on it im just a bit of an old fart.

Fair enough mate, just that the Forge one won't be any better if there is nothing physically wrong with the Samco one.

Could be worth whipping it off and giving it a thorough clean? Although they are a bit of a pain to remove/refit.

£120odd is a lot to replace a part that ain't broke :)

Hi,
I've got the same spec of car (APY engine with ESP). I changed this hose about 4 months ago from on OEM to a Samco one. It isnt that bad a job changing it apart for the stupid hose clips that Audi use. I've used Jubilee clips instead.
You will also need a 1/4 drive ratchet to tighten the clip on the turbo and be prepared to get a few scratches as it a tight space your working in.