New Number Plates and Holders (Audi Sport & Number1Plates)

Shady0808

Audi S3 Essex
Reaction score
Hey,

Just ordered new number plate holders from eBay here:

Audi Genuine Audi Sport Number Plate Holders (Pair Supplied) – 3291401400
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322254311880

Also ordered new number plates from Number1Plates.com. Chose acrylic with carbon 3D gel text style, all UK legal. I'll let you all know what they are like and uploads pics once I have them put on!

Cheers

Reactions: Sherv
If you just walk into a Main Dealer those Audi-sport number plate holders are £21.00 for a pair.

There is roughly £1 magin in each one.

If you just walk into a Main Dealer those Audi-sport number plate holders are £21.00 for a pair.

There is roughly £1 magin in each one.
Yea my local one didn't have any stock, typically for me :chargrined:

Also I think I may have made a mistake ordering the acrylic plates, do the holders hold acrylic ones or only aluminum ones?

Last edited:
This is what they look like with aluminium pressed plates. The 3D gel plates are a bit chav for me.

Reactions: DrStrange
I got mind from Amazon, their own stock, £18, but you have to find them , I cant even find them again!

I got mind from Amazon, their own stock, £18, but you have to find them , I cant even find them again!
Cool look good, I was going to go for aluminium but wasn't sure how it would fit in the holder. I like the gel!

Yea I did get one from Amazon a few weeks ago but it arrived broken, so got a refund

Cool look good, I was going to go for aluminium but wasn't sure how it would fit in the holder. I like the gel!/QUOTE]

Well you are from Essex ;)

Gel plates are an instant devaluer

Well you are from Essex ;)

Gel plates are an instant devaluer
Good job I'm keeping the originals then lol still each to their own!

Did you know white is so popular in Essex they call it "Essex White" :wink new:

Good job I'm keeping the originals then lol still each to their own!

Did you know white is so popular in Essex they call it "Essex White" :wink new:

Good job mines called Ibis White then :)

You got the fake carbon fibre finish as well! I forgot it COULD actually get worse!

Reactions: Sherv
You got the fake carbon fibre finish as well! I forgot it COULD actually get worse!
Of course! It wouldn't be real carbon fibre would it! I'll order a new set just for you as it's only your opinion that matters!

Each to their own mate, if we all liked the same thing life would be boring. Hate haters

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Cheers mate and exactly I agree with you, don't know why he was being like that.

3D gel plates are the one. I think that chap is just jelly his car doesn't look as good. Life is full of bad minded jelly people, you just have to laugh at them. :D

Reactions: Shady0808
Fella's, my rear number plate seems to not want to stay stuck down, I've replaced the tape etc but it keeps letting go, so I'm concerned it's going to fall off at some point (probably on the motorway).

I'm thinking that I might replace the plate with one that is screwed on, any ideas where I can get a new plate with holes drilled and a fitting kit?

Fella's, my rear number plate seems to not want to stay stuck down, I've replaced the tape etc but it keeps letting go, so I'm concerned it's going to fall off at some point (probably on the motorway).

I'm thinking that I might replace the plate with one that is screwed on, any ideas where I can get a new plate with holes drilled and a fitting kit?
Try @mjr901 in our parts request system :)