Dirty marks

Colh

Reaction score
I've just cleaned my car and I've got dirty marks under the doors on both sides that don't seem to clean off. Benn there a while now.

Using valet pro citrus then a snow foam. Don't want to be too aggressive just yet.

Any ideas what's causing it or how to remove?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 203
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 210
White cars, no matter what make, always suffer from this for some reason. There doesn't seem to be anyway to remove them. I tried on works cars before with everything but no luck!

I have faint ones on mine as well.

Reactions: cppp
I imagine it's where the water is draining when it rains is all. Likely just dirt residue and will come off with a normal wash. :)

I guarantee it won't come off with a wash!! Iron X doesn't remove it. I think it's leaked lubricant from the door joints.

Had something similar before on another car, I think it was transport / underbody wax coming down from under the door. Try a tar remover?

I haven't seen that on my a3, looks to me like something, perhaps corrosion treatment or pre delivery wax is leeching out of the door drains. It might disappear with time...

All my previous cars have been dark coloured so never noticed it before. My old GTD had a plastic side skirt that hid that part of the door so it could have been there too.

Looking at my wife's dark blue golf, it has faint marks but you have to look for them. Downside of white I suppose :(

Tar-X removed these marks on my glacier white A3. They were quite stubborn though!

Reactions: cuke2u and Colh
I'll give tar x a go. Also got what looks like a sticker mark on one alloy that needs something to remove it.

I've noticed these marks on all my previous Audi's.

I noticed them more on my Glacier White & Brilliant Black cars than my Scuba Blue and Daytona cars.

I agree with everyone else people in saying it's from rain/wash water draining through the door drainage holes. As far as I'm aware the inside of the doors have a wax coating, so the marks could be a slight film left by the water running over the wax.

Apologies for the late reply. I had similar marks on my S4 when it was new. Appeared to be excess grease draining out of the door drain holes. They did finally clear up after about 6 months. I didn't attempt to clear them up but there's no sign of them now so regular washing has removed them given enough time. HTH.