S3 Stage 1 tuning, safe for clutch?

berisen

Reaction score
Just curious, how much can the stock clutch handle without any sign of problems? Not there yet, but someday in the future it might be fun to try it out :)

I've read somewhere that the torque shouldn't really exceed around 400 nm, everything under this should be ok. What is your experience of this? Have you had your clutch upgraded when tuning?

There a lot of alternatives on the market selling tuning-kits on various levels. For example, would a map like this work with stock components? Of course, it's hard to say.. every car is different depending on condition etc but generally speaking. This map seems to be good in terms of torque, right?

Power-Plot-x480y540-112-997673240.png

Usually the S3 stock clutch is OK at Stg1 unless it's heavily worn.

As above, should be fine for Stg1 tbh, mine only starts slipping if I attempt to launch :whistle2:

As above, should be fine for Stg1 tbh, mine only starts slipping if I attempt to launch :whistle2:

My stock clutch is on 57K now and I found exactly the same thing at stage 1 haha! I've just gone stage 2 and so far so good, I'm avoiding launches to prolong the clutch life but it will need replacing at some point later next year imagine, it would be rude to then not get a HPFP after and go stage 2+ :sunglasses:

Reactions: leshkin
What map are you looking at?
Thinking of downpipe de-cat and a remap myself so good to know clutch will last if not abused.

What map are you looking at?
Thinking of downpipe de-cat and a remap myself so good to know clutch will last if not abused.
It's a map from a company called bsr here in Sweden.

Sounds good that it appears to be safe with stage 1 and stock clutch. Don't have to worry about launch since i got manual gearbox ;)

Mine was stage 1 mapped at about 60K. Clutch only started to slip a bit at 93K and then only in 5th on full boost.

I think anything under around 320-330ft/lbs will last if you avoid launching and planting it in 5th/6th. That's what they usually limit it too if it's slips on the dyno, but obviously if it's been launched all its life, chances are it won't last

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk