Few questions for newb to Audi

Simzy

Reaction score
Hi guys Jon from Wales here just purchased an Audi A3 sport back sline 2010 version in white. Few questions I'd like to ask the pros here because I'm getting frustrated with the mmi
( mechanics is more me ) ..

1. I have ami installed but I don't have any 30 pin connector in glove box just an aux lead hanging down by the front ashtray, is that the ami cable!? I want to stream music via Bluetooth but cannot seem to do it ??

2. The mmi I have has a problem with the sat nav disc, it just says please insert navigation medium. Can I burn my own or load the nav from sd card??

3. I want to play video from my I phone to the display in the car, how do I do this.

Thanks guys looks like a good site ..

Your on the wrong section buddy, On the home page under A3 you'll see a forum marked A3/S3 8P this is the Mk1 section but you have a MK2 Facelift

Correct section now Jon

Reactions: AdzA3AGU
Welcome to the site.

No that's not ami & do you have a head unit with a cd tv button or media button?

We can supply/fit ami but it needs prerequisites in place, pm if you're interested in our services, thanks.

Welcome to the site.

No that's not ami & do you have a head unit with a cd tv button or media button?

We can supply/fit ami but it needs prerequisites in place, pm if you're interested in our services, thanks.

IT says ami intialising so I must have it

Your on the wrong section buddy, On the home page under A3 you'll see a forum marked A3/S3 8P this is the Mk1 section but you have a MK2 Facelift
this is where I posted this mate

To ascertain what the setup is maybe show us pics of inside the glovebox & head unit.

To ascertain what the setup is maybe show us pics of inside the glovebox & head unit.

Hey fella, No AMI in glovebox so your options for music are AUX in, SD card or CD (if you take the SatNav DVD out). That lead looks like its been added by someone so not sure. I would have thought the socket near the handbrake would have sufficed.

Burning your own Navigation disc is possible, but the RNS-E is particularly fussy about discs and DVDburner type so can often turn into a project if you're not careful :)

If your unit says AMI initialising it looks like the unit is coded for AMI so its looking for it but its not actually present...

No Ami fitted, so we can supply/fit this.

this is where I posted this mate

If you look at the comment below my original one you'll see an admin has moved your post to the Correct section.

You originally posted in the MK1 forum

@Simzy just looking at your rns-e screen, looks a little tired, There is an anti glare coating that comes on them from standard, when mine became like yours i took a fresh clean cloth and some windowline, just applying a little drop at a time and starting in the corner, i just went round and around with only light pressure and removed all the anti glare coating, my screen came up like brand new then you can apply a screen protector,.Just a thought.

@Simzy just looking at your rns-e screen, looks a little tired, There is an anti glare coating that comes on them from standard, when mine became like yours i took a fresh clean cloth and some windowline, just applying a little drop at a time and starting in the corner, i just went round and around with only light pressure and removed all the anti glare coating, my screen came up like brand new then you can apply a screen protector,.Just a thought.
Yeah mate only just got it there's loads to do on it will give that a whirl sounds good