Clutch rest/Dead pedal cover.

According to the advert on the ones for sale on ebay then ''yes''. Got to say the foot well in the mk7 GTI looks exactly the same as the S3?. Don't they share the same chassis?.

Should be standard on RHD, they get them on LHD versions.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
According to the advert on the ones for sale on ebay then ''yes''. Got to say the foot well in the mk7 GTI looks exactly the same as the S3?. Don't they share the same chassis?.

Should be standard on RHD, they get them on LHD versions.
Yes they do share the same chassis and agree it should be standard on RHD cars.
Who's going to bite the bullet and buy one for their A3??

Reactions: Rob2k68
Yes they do share the same chassis and agree it should be standard on RHD cars.
Who's going to bite the bullet and buy one for their A3??
Done. Ordered, will let you know...

Reactions: zippster, Rob2k68 and pburv
Looking forward to the pics...:friends:
Just realised that will be at least 2 months wait...lol

Reactions: zippster and Rob2k68

dam it we should probably just order now.. otherwise it will be 4 months before we get one..

#modbug

I have another S3 to play with in the meantime, I'll try it on that.​

Which did you order?

Are also some on eBay which are just screw on plates to cover the existing plastic footrest but look a bit cheap!

Reactions: Simon L, Rob2k68 and pburv
Err.Thanks GSB...lol
It pays to read ..lol:haha:
Its just your age mate... Go get your prescription reviewed for your glasses, and turn the hearing aid up a notch...

Reactions: Daveotto, pburv, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Its just your age mate... Go get your prescription reviewed for your glasses, and turn the hearing aid up a notch...
Ha Ha...It will catch up with you eventually ......:concern:
images

Reactions: Simon L and Rob2k68
Strewth!!!!!!!!!!!
70 odd quid for an Osir cover plate!
After reading this thread I decided to get a OE looking one from China. 20 quid including postage, will take photos of when it arrives.

Reactions: pburv
Mine looks a completely different shape compared to the one in the first post.

Reactions: Simon L and pburv
Mine looks a completely different shape compared to the one in the first post.

.....that's because the one in the first post is completely the wrong shape! lol

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Mine turned up today(same one as in the fitting guide).Looks good quality but not quite as wide as the original all plastic Audi one. Will get it fitted asap & report on it.

Reactions: zippster, Rob2k68 and pburv
Wonder if GSB knows?..He has one on order..:blink:

He knows.

I think it'll be ok.
My Audi (needs a Hoover);

The golf;

If it doesn't fit, then I'm sure there's a golf owner somewhere who'll take it off my hands.

That's assuming it arrives of course. I've ordered an item from an unknown supplier in China. I could just end up with a box of rubber dog turds.

Would I be right then in saying the " clutch rest '' in the DSG is slightly wider than the manual gear box " clutch rest ". Looks like it in post #30 compared to the one fitted in my DSG one?.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Could be. A wider one wouldn't really work with a 3rd pedal, whereas a narrow one would work with both.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and RS3 S.
Could be. A wider one wouldn't really work with a 3rd pedal, whereas a narrow one would work with both.
........could be why Rebecca commented on the Torx screw hole being shallower on the one she fitted ?. Still looks good & going to fit mine over the weekend.

Looking at the picture of her original one, it is wider in her car. I imagine the S&Tonic part is the same as her DSG one.

Would I be right then in saying the " clutch rest '' in the DSG is slightly wider than the manual gear box " clutch rest ". Looks like it in post #30 compared to the one fitted in my DSG one?.

Yes, here's mine it looks a fair bit wider ....

IMG 0401

Yep, that's the same slab of plastic as in the DSG golf. The slimmer one should fit just fine.

God I hate these bleesed forums.....

That's new exhaust tips I need, mine have gone way past the cleaning period and are knackered and now these foot rest covers. Let us know when they arrive and how they fit!

Reactions: pburv, GSB, RS3 S. and 1 other person
Well I think there must be a slight difference between the MK7 GTI & S3 pedal area?. Tried to fit the cover to my 14plate S3 but the ''original'' dead pedal is attached to the plastic that's at the rear of the pedals & not separate like the one in the guide?.
So ebay here it comes.

Well I think there must be a slight difference between the MK7 GTI & S3 pedal area?. Tried to fit the cover to my 14plate S3 but the ''original'' dead pedal is attached to the plastic that's at the rear of the pedals & not separate like the one in the guide?.
So ebay here it comes.
Cheers for the "heads up" :friends:

Reactions: Rob2k68 and RS3 S.
Got my pedal today.
Yes it is slightly slimmer than the DSG footrest, but biggest damnation is the original DSG footrest has a plastic section that covers the carpet.
Leaving you with a hole! But overall it's fine. I will cut some carpet from another car to cover up the bald patch.File 000