Newly purchased s3 esp woes - advice needed

SuitedandBooted

Reaction score
Hi Chaps,

Ok so since buying car (early APY) esp light is now on permanently . When purchasing car steering wheel was out of alignment so got it tracked and thought it would go away...it didnt.

Had a remap at AMD and they said 3 things...

First 2 are system faults...

00813 - sensor 2 for brake pressure (g214)
57-00 - electrical circuit failure

00778 - steering angle sensor (g85)
44-00 - mechanical malfunction

Finally the technician said he didnt want to road test the car at speed because the brakes were 'dangerous'

They said without diagnosing (didnt have time as it was getting late) that it was a problem with the servo. Either the servo itself or more likely they believed there might be a leak. Anyways ive bought the vac pipes from inlet to servo (theres two bits), but havent got round to swapping them out yet, though i cant find a leak on the longer one.

Looking for input on what my problem(s) could be really with the ESP and some advice on what to do next...ive already spent another £500 on the car for servicing etc not including remap and getting fed up with it already. Tracking is near enough spot on now too (rear offside is a little out but they did as much as they could - worn bush probably).

Please help :(

already spent another £500 on the car for servicing etc

I worked out , the cost of the aftermarket parts on mine was about the same as I paid for it, someones 'pet project' , sort of twisted logic, you might say ... then after that came the 'real bill' , servicing , new clutch, sets of VAC pipes etc .....still ongoing , some one posted , 'you need to keep £1000 handy' should any faults occur ..

rear offside is a little out but they did as much as they could - worn bush probably).

I have the same issue ....but its not a worn bush ..

Depends where your located , the Guy in UNIT20 Neston did a good job on mine on the engine side , idle problems due to vac leaks etc ..

GL, G,

Recommend checking measuring blocks for both pressure sensor and steering angle sensor (via VCDS) for plausibility.
Let us know what you see upon pressing brake pedal/turning steering lock to lock (engine on).

So have you replaced the steering angle sensor? Even all tracked up, if this part is faulty or not calibrated, the esp light usually comes on I think.
Regarding the brakes, you got you car tuned up by AmD with knackered brakes?! Lol. Brave man! :laugh:

Could be something as simple as an abs wheel sensor, scan the abs for codes.

I haven't replaced the steering angle sensor to be honest I'm not sure about removing the wheel! I thought I could just reset the recalibration on this now it's been tracked using VCDS (there's instructions about this somewhere, rotating the wheel left and right and driving under 20kph)

I was thinkin of trying that first?

Regarding abs sensors the near side one was fubar'd when I bought the car, the chimp who'd worked on it had used what appeared to be sticky back plastic and hope to fix it so I had a new OEM sensor wire fitted.