Steering wheel retrimmed

-Ju-

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
A few members have had their steering wheels retrimmed over the last year or so and after seeing one done recently, I decided to bite the bullet and get it done.
The company used was Royal Steering wheels, as used by others.
Jack was a pleasure to deal with, offering advise where needed and as the distance to travel was a little excessive for me, I opted to have him trim a wheel he had in stock and leave a deposit.
The whole process took around 2 weeks and I have to say, I'm really happy with the result.
I'm not sure if he browses this forum but if he does, cheers Jack for a great experience.
Also would like to say thanks to the forum members who had this done previously and posted there results and thoughts.
This was my wheel

And this is my wheel now

I think it looks rather nice and goes well with the interior:rock:

Reactions: Jake 61, Donny_DJ, nil538 and 4 others
Very nice indeed.

Another for the list.....

Cheers Alex

As you'll be changing the steering wheel anyway, it would be rude not to!

I do like how much more chunky the wheel is, just what the standard Audi wheel needs. Also is interesting to see how you have three different types of material on there, but I don't blame you, I like all three! Nice seats and door cards too, haven't seen those on a sportback before!

Reactions: -Ju-
Yep jack is a top bloke and the steering wheels are always top job your wheel looks spot on mate

Reactions: -Ju-
I do like how much more chunky the wheel is, just what the standard Audi wheel needs. Also is interesting to see how you have three different types of material on there, but I don't blame you, I like all three! Nice seats and door cards too, haven't seen those on a sportback before!
Personal preference with the materials used as I only wanted the perforated to the sides and alcantara on top.
The red seat inserts were an option, had them on my last S3 too. I think they break up the blackness inside a treat

Well seeing your wheel did tip me over the edge :yum:

Reactions: MICHAEL PARKER
Very nice. :sunglasses:

Seen a few of his steering wheel jobs done on other vehicles too and he always does a fantastic job. ;)

e4508cb1538512534f9ce5648362d6fa.jpg

Another option...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few members have had their steering wheels retrimmed over the last year or so and after seeing one done recently, I decided to bite the bullet and get it done.
The company used was Royal Steering wheels, as used by others.
Jack was a pleasure to deal with, offering advise where needed and as the distance to travel was a little excessive for me, I opted to have him trim a wheel he had in stock and leave a deposit.
The whole process took around 2 weeks and I have to say, I'm really happy with the result.
I'm not sure if he browses this forum but if he does, cheers Jack for a great experience.
Also would like to say thanks to the forum members who had this done previously and posted there results and thoughts.
This was my wheel

And this is my wheel now

I think it looks rather nice and goes well with the interior:rock:
Looks nice, what was the cost for that?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

The actual cost to retrim was £135 + £20 for postage both ways, so £155 in total

Sent from my SM-N915FY using Tapatalk

Reactions: Arcam
The actual cost to retrim was £135 + £20 for postage both ways, so £155 in total

Seems pretty reasonable to me, did you have it made thicker as well?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Yeah 2mm, seems to be the norm.